1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    18 May '08 22:11
    If a clan challenge isn't accepted, rejected or resent with changes by a certain period of time, then the challenge should automatically default to being accepted and started. The vacation settings and unavailability would protect against getting challenges, but then there wouldn't be lingering challenges that haven't been accepted or rejected. Why should it fall to the challenger to withdraw them if they aren't accepted? Also, the timing could be very bad for old challenges that are on the books. Ratings might have changed, or even membership in the clan might have changed.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 May '08 07:24
    Originally posted by coquette
    If a clan challenge isn't accepted, rejected or resent with changes by a certain period of time, then the challenge should automatically default to being accepted and started. The vacation settings and unavailability would protect against getting challenges, but then there wouldn't be lingering challenges that haven't been accepted or rejected. Why should i ...[text shortened]... on the books. Ratings might have changed, or even membership in the clan might have changed.
    Don't agree. Not at all.

Every challenge must be accepted by both parties in order to be started.
  3. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    19 May '08 17:44
    If a clan challenge isn't accepted, rejected or resent with changes by a certain period of time, then the challenge should automatically default to being accepted and started. The vacation settings and unavailability would protect against getting challenges, but then there wouldn't be lingering challenges that haven't been accepted or rejected. Why should i ...[text shortened]... on the books. Ratings might have changed, or even membership in the clan might have changed.
    I should probably stay out of this thread as you've sent me a challenge that I haven't looked at yet, but I also disagree. Reason being that it would be very easy for me to send out thousands of challenges with a 1/0 timeout to all those inactive clans and then start reaping the points.
  4. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    19 May '08 17:44
    What am I saying??? This is a great idea!
  5. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    19 May '08 20:01
    I completely disagree with this ideas... (for reasons that Lukerik says 2 posts above)

...actually, I agree with the end bit, and so I propose that unaccepted challenges should instead be automatically rejected after a mandatory period of time. A week?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 May '08 20:12
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I propose that unaccepted challenges should instead be automatically rejected after a mandatory period of time. A week?
    Now I agree completely! A very good idea!
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    19 May '08 20:24
    Okay, then they should automatically disappear after a set period time.
  8. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    19 May '08 23:03
    No, I like the first idea now.

I do periodically clear out unaccepted challenges, and it only takes a sec, but occasionally I have a "I like the challenge but can I leave it until my guy is free" agreement. I guess this is quite rare though...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree