1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 15:11
    Please, PLEASE, make it possible to delete old, inactive clans!

I'd think with a changeover like the site has seen might allow it by now.

I have an old, inactive clan I cannot get rid of, it's hanging around my neck like a hundredweight stone. I could have taken over a few different clans by now if only I didn't have this unwanted clan around my neck. Or, make this 'takeover' requirement completely unnecessary by allowing clan leaders to delete clans once they are the last member in it.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 15:27
    supported.

The statistics could remain with linking the clan names to a metaclan called "deleted" or something in that vein. There is already a clan were the clan leader left the title as something like it.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 17:53
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    supported.

The statistics could remain with linking the clan names to a metaclan called "deleted" or something in that vein. There is already a clan were the clan leader left the title as something like it.
    Exactly.

defunct #1
    defunct #2
    etc
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 22:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne

I have an old, inactive clan I cannot get rid of, it's hanging around my neck like a hundredweight stone. I could have taken over a few different clans by now if only I didn't have this unwanted clan around my neck ...[text shortened]... y unnecessary by allowing clan leaders to delete clans once they are the last member in it.
    Supported.

Just make the clan similar to a banned account where all the history is maintained. Perhaps a reasonable limit on how often you can delete a clan so that people don't fill the server with junk.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 00:49
    I doubt they'll ever allow us to delete a clan, could we get them to approach it from the other direction? Say, put a stop to creating new clans, then provide somewhere for clan-creators to collect one of the inactive ones.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 01:052 edits
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I doubt they'll ever allow us to delete a clan, could we get them to approach it from the other direction? Say, put a stop to creating new clans, then provide somewhere for clan-creators to collect one of the inactive ones.
    I should probably stop using the word 'delete' because I don't actually want to destroy any history.

I'm not sure we want new paying members to come on and go through a convoluted process of collecting an old clan (besides, it has all the old stats, records, etc. that have nothing to do with the new leader). It just sounds needlessly complicated.

Either way, you are adding more data to the server. The addition of a new clan name/number really isn't that much extra data.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 11:221 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

I have an old, inactive clan I cannot get rid of, it's hanging around my neck like a hundredweight stone. I could have taken over a few different clans by now if only I didn't have this unwanted clan around my neck y unnecessary by allowing clan leaders to delete clans once they are the last member in it.
    We have a tool to set a "null" leader, and have done so in your case.

You will still need to leave the clan though. Clan 24992
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 14:01
    Originally posted by Russ

Cool!
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 14:04
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    And this too.

We had the "adopt a clan" idea before and I stick to that.
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 19:57
    Whilst on the subject of clans, I would like some help for clan leaders looking for challenges.
    I can work round the problem of the filters defaulting to "net points this year most" when I've selected the recent challenges filter and clicked the page 2 button, by typing & = page 2 into the adress line instead, but what I wouild LIKE to see is the clans that have actually ACCEPTED a recent challenge.
    What I actually see are a lot of clans "recently challenged" by the likes of Metallica and others who haven't played a challenge for months so there is obviously no point in trying to offer a challenge myself.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jul '13 23:30
    Originally posted by Russ

Thank you, thank you!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree