Deselecting clan players.

Deselecting clan players.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farnborough

Moves
17 Dec 09

I like the option for the clan leader to deselect clan members from clan challenges, as it gives the leader the option to stop players getting too many clan games if he feels there is a good reason they should not do so. However, if someone is deselected there appears to be no way the player can be selected again other than asking that player to switch his flag back on. Can this be changed?

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
17 Dec 09

Originally posted by Goggy
I like the option for the clan leader to deselect clan members from clan challenges, as it gives the leader the option to stop players getting too many clan games if he feels there is a good reason they should not do so. However, if someone is deselected there appears to be no way the player can be selected again other than asking that player to switch his flag back on. Can this be changed?
I think its good the way it is. Now the player has end-control. If its the way you want it clanleaders could add players in challenges while they might not want to be available for that.

Members added in challenges should be based on which members want to play. Not who the clanleader wants to play.

F

Moves
18 Dec 09
1 edit

Originally posted by zozozozo
I think its good the way it is. Now the player has end-control. If its the way you want it clanleaders could add players in challenges while they might not want to be available for that.

Members added in challenges should be based on which members want to play. Not who the clanleader wants to play.
The clan leader still have to chose among his members he should put into a certain challenge.
So in the end the clanleader has the ultimate decision, unless the clan member choses to put himself unavailable.

Moves
18 Dec 09

what the op means is that xe wants to be able to make players available who xeself had made unavailable for challenges because they hadn't been playing for a while (or whatever), xe doesn't want to add players who manually changed their setting to unavailable. i can see xe's point but if a player really wanted games i'm sure they would noticed their status had been changed to unavailable and they would change it back.. or the clan leader could send an pm. either way i think it's best left the way it is.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
18 Dec 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
The clan leader still have to chose among his members he should put into a certain challenge.
So in the end the clanleader has the ultimate decision, unless the clan member choses to put himself unavailable.
Yeah...so the clanleader has the ultimate dicision over the clan. And the clanmember has the ultimate dicision over his account. Thats the way its now, and thats the way it should be.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
18 Dec 09

Originally posted by trev33
what the op means is that xe wants to be able to make players available who xeself had made unavailable for challenges because they hadn't been playing for a while (or whatever), xe doesn't want to add players who manually changed their setting to unavailable.
I understand what "xe" (lol) ment. But I forsee a problem with it.
Clanmember sets himself (or the clanleader does it) unavailable. Time passes. Buisy times arrive for the clanmember, but its fine since he is unavailable for extra games. Time also passed for the clanleader and he wants to make some challenges. Clanmember has been unavailable for a while, so clanleader sets him to available and gives him games. Clanmember is getting overloaded now and does a sad smilie🙁

F

Moves
18 Dec 09

Yeah...so the clanleader has the ultimate dicision over the clan. And the clanmember has the ultimate dicision over his account. Thats the way its now, and thats the way it should be.
The clan leader can do this:
* He can reject your member application without any motivation.
* He can put you into a challenge without asking you (if you don't have ticked yourself as inavailable), giving you two games per challenge.
* He can put you into a team for a league play (if you have chosed the clan as the clan you chosen for league play), giving you up to 18 games.
* He can kick you out of the clan, with no apparent reason at all.
Yes he has pretty much the authority to do a lot, if you have let him to do that.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
18 Dec 09

The clan leader can do this:
* He can reject your member application without any motivation.
* He can put you into a challenge without asking you (if you don't have ticked yourself as inavailable), giving you two games per challenge.
* He can put you into a team for a league play (if you have chosed the clan as the clan you chosen for league play), gi ...[text shortened]... ason at all.
Yes he has pretty much the authority to do a lot, if you have let him to do that.
Those are all clan-related issues. I dont think its anything else then normal that the clanleader controls those things.

Only important thing for a clanmember is that he doesnt play games he doesnt want to play. Thats why he has the options to turn availability off and on for clanchallenges and leagues. And thats why the clanleader should not have that option in my opinion.

F

Moves
18 Dec 09

Those are all clan-related issues. I dont think its anything else then normal that the clanleader controls those things.

Only important thing for a clanmember is that he doesnt play games he doesnt want to play. Thats why he has the options to turn availability off and on for clanchallenges and leagues. And thats why the clanleader should not have that option in my opinion.
Right, so your statement "the clanleader has the ultimate dicision over the clan" is not true.

Farnborough

Moves
19 Dec 09

Ok, I accept it's a bag of worms this one, so let me try and expalin by using an example.

Let's say I have a long standing player who is flaged up and so is available for clan games. In the past he has been a reliable player and is always happy to take on more games. However, currently he has a lot of games, say 100+, and the clan leader notices he has timed out on several games. The clan leader does not want him to take on any more games, or upset him by messaging him so he deselects him.

At the moment, the player can see he has been deselected and can make himself available again. Ok, so the clan leader can deselect him again but it may cause a problem if he did so.

If the clan leader can deselect a player without the player seeing he is now unavailable for clan challenges he is none the wiser. Ok, it's a bit sneaky maybe, but sometimes a player just needs a few weeks clear of new challenges to get sorted. But is unwilling to unflag himself due to not wanting to let the clan down.

So, for a clan leader it would be useful to unflag someone (he could show up as a diffent colour, say green on the clan leaders list) which means he has been temporarily made unavailabe but can be switched back on again when the clan leader is happy he is now in a better position to take on more games.

Of course the clan leader could send a message to the player etc, but it can get long winded and lead to a player feeling a little embarassed. A simpler solution would be for the clan leader to have some control over who other clan leaders see is available for games.

Does that make sense?

Farnborough

Moves
19 Dec 09
1 edit

If its the way you want it clanleaders could add players in challenges while they might not want to be available for that.

I agree, a clan leader should not overrule a players decision to unflag himslef. I am saying the clan leader should have the option to rest someone if the the leader feels he should not take on any more games. Some players simply over stretch themselves.

Farnborough

Moves
19 Dec 09
1 edit

True, but it would be useful to remove him from the available list for a short while. I have quite a few instances where I have had challenges bounced back to me for varous reasons, as the leader does not wish ceratin players to have more games. If he is not listed as available it would save time.

Maybe this is too complex, lol

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
19 Dec 09

Originally posted by Goggy
So, for a clan leader it would be useful to unflag someone (he could show up as a diffent colour, say green on the clan leaders list) which means he has been temporarily made unavailabe but can be switched back on again when the clan leader is happy he is now in a better position to take on more games.
There currently already is the option for clanleaders to deselect members availability.

"but can be switched back on again when the clan leader is happy he is now in a better position to take on more games."
I dont think this is a good idea. Clanmember should switch himself back on when he is happy to take more games.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
19 Dec 09

Right, so your statement "the clanleader has the ultimate dicision over the clan" is not true.
That depends on what you would call clan-related and member-related issues.

I think the forming of clanchallenges/league teams with the available members is clan-related (so the clanleader controls that). But a member getting games from clanchallenges or leagues is more member-related in my opinion, therefor the member can control that.

Farnborough

Moves
20 Dec 09

Yeah, maybe you are right. I'll concede on this subject. 🙂