1. Standard memberfatzfoxwell
    Fatz Foxwell
    Half Moon Bay
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 23:58
    A few times I have found myself wondering if my opponent could still castle. I've had to crank up the game analyst option (which I find wonderfilled) to figure out this weightly issue. Can there be a notation that pops up on screen to tell me if castling has taken place? When involved in multiple games, this would be of help.
  2. Standard memberHumper
    Boudin Noir
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 01:38
    This information is in the FEN...
  3. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 16:10
    Originally posted by Humper
    This information is in the FEN...
    I suspect (s)he would find that no FUN.
  4. Earth Prime
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 23:12
    While it seems like a simple option, I wouldn't want to see it before many other ideas. Scanning through the history is a small chore.
  5. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 09:45
    In a 'real' game of chess, you wouldn't have this information, without going back through the game score.

Therefore, on the basis that we should keep things as close as possible to the rules of the game called chess, this is a bad idea.
  6. Earth Prime
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 14:33
    Originally posted by Redmike
    In a 'real' game of chess, you wouldn't have this information, without going back through the game score.

Therefore, on the basis that we should keep things as close as possible to the rules of the game called chess, this is a bad idea.
    You also don't play 40+ games at a time in a 'real' game of chess. Therefore it is quite a lot easier to keep track of.
  7. Earth Prime
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 15:53

You also don't have an "analize board" with you in real chess.
  8. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 12:58
    Originally posted by Coconut
    You also don't play 40+ games at a time in a 'real' game of chess. Therefore it is quite a lot easier to keep track of.
    You do in correspondence chess, and you can also have as many analysis boards as you need.
  9. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 14:03
    You do in correspondence chess...
    lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree