1. Standard membereagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    Land of 64 Squares
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 16:31
    According to the Siege Rules...

"A draw will count as a capture for white, and the defending black player will be ousted."

Why is it a rule that in a siege game a draw kicks out the defending player? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Whenever I play OTB blitz with a local group, we play with the rule that if there is a draw, then white gets up. I think this rule makes sense since white gets the first move. Does anyone else follow this rule or is my local group an oddity in using this rule?

I think the rule in sieges should be that in case of a draw, the defending player (black) should keep his spot since he/she defended the castle, if you will. Also, I think black should get draw odds on the fact black moves second.

Am I the only person with this view? I think this could make a good site poll.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 17:40
    Originally posted by eagleeye222001
    According to the Siege Rules...

"A draw will count as a capture for white, and the defending black player will be ousted."

Why is it a rule that in a siege game a draw kicks out the defending player? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Whenever I play OTB blitz with a local group, we play with the rule that if there is a draw, then white g ...[text shortened]... econd.

Am I the only person with this view? I think this could make a good site poll.
    I think this rule has been implemented to make the defender play harder.

After all say you get a strong 1900 player they could be in charge for a lonmg time. They then know all they need is a draw to maintain the board so have no real incentive to win. They can pick up simple wins or even draws again lower rated opponents all day long and then play for draws against higher rated opponents.
  3. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 14:49
    I know what you mean eagles same with me but i dont have a problem with the way the siege tables are here i think as said above its to make people play harder for the win 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree