1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 06:37
    Wouldn't it be nice, if say after 10,000 moves or maybe a thousand games or 100 drawn games that the extra warnings when making a draw offer would go away?
  2. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 07:251 edit
    Warnings? (I have made less than 10,000 moves)
  3. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 11:122 edits
    Originally posted by coquette
    Wouldn't it be nice, if say after 10,000 moves or maybe a thousand games or 100 drawn games that the extra warnings when making a draw offer would go away?
    I had a game just last week. Draw offer. Move move move. Draw offer. Move move move. Draw offer. Move move. Checkmate. I thanked him for the game but he didn't answer back. 😉

Edit: Yes, to your suggestion, C. In my settings, it would be nice to toggle Show Draw Offers on or off. It wouldn't necessarily even have to be based on a move threshold. Available to any sub.
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 11:51
    I think the reference was to making an offer rather than receiving one.
    eg. After making an offer you get the warning box as with resigning etc.
  5. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    05 Dec '09 16:03
    Apologies for misunderstanding. I don't make enough draw offers to get a lot of use out of the OP's idea. I do on occasion get annoyed with repeated draw offers from players who don't understand it's impolite to keep bashing away at the offer draw link.
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '09 00:49
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I think the reference was to making an offer rather than receiving one.
    eg. After making an offer you get the warning box as with resigning etc.
    Thanks for the clarification. I thought everyone would immediately understand.
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    06 Dec '09 14:41
    I think the draw offer warning, just as the resign warning should stay.
    It would be an option to add it somewhere in the settings somewhere if you really consider it annoying.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 01:56
    Originally posted by sbacat
    Apologies for misunderstanding. I don't make enough draw offers to get a lot of use out of the OP's idea. I do on occasion get annoyed with repeated draw offers from players who don't understand it's impolite to keep bashing away at the offer draw link.
    I don't think there is an actual chess rule about asking for a draw is there?

I really do see how you would get annoyed, but is there actually a chess rule saying that you can only ask for a draw so many times during a game? Please correct me if I am wrong on this. It has been years since my last OTB tourney.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 02:08
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I don't think there is an actual chess rule about asking for a draw is there?

I really do see how you would get annoyed, but is there actually a chess rule saying that you can only ask for a draw so many times during a game? Please correct me if I am wrong on this. It has been years since my last OTB tourney.
    I think it's a gray area. There is no explicit prohibition against multiple draw offers, but it may fall under the "no annoying your opponent" rule at TD's discretion.

I actually had a guy do that at a tourney. After about 5 offers, he just said "anytime you want that draw, let me know" - an infinite draw offer? Anyway, I just ignored it and won the endgame anyway.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 03:14
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

I actually had a guy do that at a tourney. After about 5 offers, he just said "anytime you want that draw, let me know" - an infinite draw offer? Anyway, I just ignored it and won the endgame anyway.
    had a similar experience here but i was the one who offered the 'infinite draw offer' he had a rook and two pawns and i had a knight and two pawns, position was even. and i was very confident of getting the draw, a few moves later he messes up, losses his rook and resigns.
  11. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 06:10
    I'm not suggesting limits on the number of draw offers . . .although that's a great suggestion: on option to disable draw offers for say 5 or maybe 10 moves after getting two in a row!

What i was suggesting was only that the annoying bell and screen AFTER making a move and offering a draw that still comes up . . . .I mean that I've ALREADY made a move and submitting . . .why the annoying reminder? Shouldn't that be easy to disable? At least for a member who's maybe had a hundred draws?
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 17:37
    Originally posted by trev33
    had a similar experience here but i was the one who offered the 'infinite draw offer' he had a rook and two pawns and i had a knight and two pawns, position was even. and i was very confident of getting the draw, a few moves later he messes up, losses his rook and resigns.
    Wait...why did he resign if there was an infinite draw offer on the table? 😵
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 17:40
    What i was suggesting was only that the annoying bell and screen AFTER making a move and offering a draw that still comes up . . . .I mean that I've ALREADY made a move and submitting . . .why the annoying reminder?
    Yeah, it should only pop up if you offer a draw but FAIL to make a move and then hit submit.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 22:03
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Wait...why did he resign if there was an infinite draw offer on the table? 😵
    probably pissed off an himself for losing his rook. stupid move as well, a draw won him the group.. with me winning 3 of us went through as a tie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree