1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 07:29
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    .....You're screwed if you live in an area with irregular DST changes or if you change in a particular year (like say the US this year).
    By "screwed" I assume you mean "in the position you are right now and have to do it yourself". There has been a patch put out by M$ for the US shift in DST this year and I think I read somewhere about the Aussie change too.
    So the worst you can say is that a few countries would be no better off.
    The rest of them would be.

I showed you the proof that forums do it after you denied all knowledge of it; now you deny it works. pah!
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 08:55
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    By "screwed" I assume you mean "in the position you are right now and have to do it yourself". There has been a patch put out by M$ for the US shift in DST this year and I think I read somewhere about the Aussie change too.
    So the worst you can say is that a few countries would be no better off.
    The rest of them would be.

I showed you the proof that forums do it after you denied all knowledge of it; now you deny it works. pah!
    So Russ would have to write a javascript method for collecting the DST settings of users (not easy as far as I know) and even then it wouldn't work for everyone (and would be wrong for a decent number at the border times)? Sounds like a good use of time and resources.

Go back to complaining that Databases == Cheating. That was more entertaining. Or better yet, go somewhere else entirely.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 09:38
    So Russ would have to write a javascript method for collecting the DST settings of users (not easy as far as I know) and even then it wouldn't work for everyone (and would be wrong for a decent number at the border times)? Sounds like a good use of time and resources.

Go back to complaining that Databases == Cheating. That was more entertaining. Or better yet, go somewhere else entirely.
    I've noticed before that every time someone makes a suggestion you seem to think that your opinion counts more than theirs and once you are proven to be wrong you come out with crap like " go to another site" "you are a retard" and similar childish remarks.

nb. I'd prefer it if you went somewhere else entirely - and there's plenty of others feel the same way.

databases - Ha Ha!
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 10:15
    I've noticed before that every time someone makes a suggestion you seem to think that your opinion counts more than theirs and once you are proven to be wrong you come out with crap like " go to another site" "you are a retard" and similar childish remarks.

nb. I'd prefer it if you went somewhere else entirely - and there's plenty of others feel the same way.

databases - Ha Ha!
    Some of us have chosen to support this site monetarily. And some of us have not and yet expect our every request to be fulfilled.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 11:351 edit
    Some of us have chosen to support this site monetarily. And some of us have not and yet expect our every request to be fulfilled.
    It's not a request, it's a suggestion. In the Suggestion Forum. 🙄

And I know the system here - I don't expect anything.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 13:28
    It's not a request, it's a suggestion. In the Suggestion Forum. 🙄

And I know the system here - I don't expect anything.
    The forum is called Site Ideas, not Stupid Site Ideas.

P-
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 14:13
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    I think the site idea has merit.

You can easily get the individual user's system time using javascript. Without having thought too long or hard about the solution, I think you could just store in the cookie, what the difference between the users system time and the server's time, and use that as your difference. Seeing as most pcs update automagically, this solution should allow the RHP time to also update automagically.

You shouldn't get on people's backs just for wanting to progress, Phlab. 😉

D
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 14:34
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I think the site idea has merit.

You can easily get the individual user's system time using javascript. Without having thought too long or hard about the solution, I think you could just store in the cookie, what the difference between the users system time and the server's time, and use that as your difference. Seeing as most pcs update automagicall ...[text shortened]... ically.

You shouldn't get on people's backs just for wanting to progress, Phlab. 😉

D
    Alright, I'll admit it! I like to change my clock manually! I like that feeling of coming to this site, and needing to switch my time back or forward.

I'm the guy in the kitchen next to my atomic clock with my wristwatch set and ready to click. I wait for the seconds to come around, and BANG! I smack that button. Now, when someone asks me the time I can say... "It's EXACTLY 11:13 and 52 seconds.

I suppose if my computer gets the time right, RHP could also.

😠
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 17:35
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    Are you drunk or something? DST is a feature of popular forum/cms software even your own computer. Loosen up dude!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree