1. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 22:30
    I would like to see a facility to watch topics on the forum I may have interest in.

A lot of forums, you can request an e-mail saying that, someone has posted on the thread you are watching. That is by clicking on a link, requesting to watch a particular thread.
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 01:00
    Originally posted by GalaKev
    I would like to see a facility to watch topics on the forum I may have interest in.

A lot of forums, you can request an e-mail saying that, someone has posted on the thread you are watching. That is by clicking on a link, requesting to watch a particular thread.
    Good idea, who suggested it to you 😉
  3. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 01:40

Check it yourself, is it really that hard?
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 01:54
    I asked about this two years ago - it will never happen. 😞
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 01:58
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I asked about this two years ago - it will never happen. 😞
    It's a lazy mans wish. Seriously, what is so hard about looking at it yourself.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 02:20
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Unless you are in the forums very often, you can easily forget what the title of the threads were that you wish to return to, especially if you read almost all of them.
    The best idea is to use Firefox and the greasemonkey scripts so that you get the coloured dots next to threads you have replied in. Of course that doesn't help with the threads you haven't been involved in.
    You can also bookmark threads here.
    Those ideas are a 'second best' option though.
    Most forums [virtually EVERY forum] these days allow you to subscribe to any thread for email notification.
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 02:24
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Unless you are in the forums very often, you can easily forget what the title of the threads were that you wish to return to, especially if you read almost all of them.
    The best idea is to use Firefox and the greasemonkey scripts so that you get the coloured dots next to threads you have replied in. Of course that doesn't help with the threads you ha ...[text shortened]... rtually EVERY forum] these days allow you to subscribe to any thread for email notification.
    understood
  8. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 19:09
    I agree with you on a small forum. But in some forums on here, your thread could be on the 3rd page, before you realise that someone has responded.

It gets conversation going as well. So and So responded to thread x, will mean that anyone who is watching will be able to respond quicker. Thus it should create a more livelier forum on a plus side.
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 22:42
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Not everyone has nothing better to do than read through all irrelevant posts 😛
  10. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 22:45
    I agree with you on a small forum. But in some forums on here, your thread could be on the 3rd page, before you realise that someone has responded.

It gets conversation going as well. So and So responded to thread x, will mean that anyone who is watching will be able to respond quicker. Thus it should create a more livelier forum on a plus side.
    I fully agree in principal because it will also cause grief to folk that abuse the forums and comment on everything needlessly. i.e. they will get pi$$ed off with all the emails 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree