1. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 18:02
    When you try to find a suitable opponent the only choices you have to narrow a search is their rating, on line now, and has a proflie or picture (absolutly no help).

I suggest two aditons tools to narrow the search : sort my times moved ( once a day, week etc.) and if they are a subsciber. With these two addition features finding a player will be so much easier. Rec this post if you aggree.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 18:07
    you can also search by country but that dosen't help me very much...
  3. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 18:08
    I like it 🙂
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 20:05
    WHY would you need to choose a particular type of player - equivalent rating is understandable but the rest, huh?
    I also understand some people are snobbish about playing non-sub scumbags but it beats the hell out of me WHY.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 20:281 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    WHY would you need to choose a particular type of player - equivalent rating is understandable but the rest, huh?
    I also understand some people are snobbish about playing non-sub scumbags but it beats the hell out of me WHY.
    Non-subscribers can only play 6 games and everytime i challenge one it says ''sorry, the player you challenged is already playing the max amount of games.'' It would save me a lot of time if I knew who are subscribers and who aren't

My other suggestion is also validated because I like to play people who move about as often as I. Sometimes I have to scroll though pages to find that person.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 20:421 edit
    Originally posted by bishops r cool
    Non-subscribers can only play 6 games and everytime i challenge one it says ''sorry, the player you challenged is already playing the max amount of games.'' It would save me a lot of time if I knew who are subscribers and who aren't

My other suggestion is also validated because I like to play people who move about as often as I. Sometimes I have to scroll though pages to find that person.
    You can set the rating limits in open invites, once you are passed the provisional stage; you can also set the times at the lowest which is 1 move per day with 0 timebank. Also, if you name the game in the open invites; something like "fast players" or "quick game" you would maybe get what you want.
    That's the quickest way to get a game going, I reckon.

Btw, subscribers are the ones with the stars. [in case you didn't already know]
  7. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 20:521 edit
    for the sake of the non subscribers, because I remember it a hassle, on the page it should say games in progress for the players. It'd also help for people who want to avoid those who play 600 games and therefore won't move as fast against you.

And maybe include moves this month. That will give you a better idea of how often they move, rather than the not so trustworthy pictures.

Now you can always click on them to see this stuff too.

And on side note, how about on the public games, it shows the moves made in the games. That way you dont have to randomly click, only to find a game gone 2 moves 😛
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 00:24
    I like ramned's ideas but they need it on the search engine in 'find player'
  9. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 10:11
    When i go looking for people to join my clan, I have to find online subscribers. If I could get a list of online subscribers, that would make my life here soooooooo much easier.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 10:371 edit
    RHP tends to be completely dead from I wake up untill lunch hour, even in week-ends. The reson is of course the time zones belongings.

So I rather have opponents from the east side of my time zone to even this out. But nowhere I can see any information of from where the players come from. Information about their time zone would be greatly appreciated.

( "But we know from where they are? Look at their flag?" )

Yes, but I often se people with the Chinese flag (as an example) at a player residing in the US. Flags represent their nationality, or where they play from, no one knows. The time zone information says a lot more when they're active, at my morning, at my evening or at my night, seen from my own time zone.

I would also like to see my opponents (to be) time zone.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 11:222 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

I would also like to see my opponents (to be) time zone.
    Maybe they don't want you to know - can they be forced to reveal their time-zone fairly? Not too sure about that one.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 11:451 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Maybe they don't want you to know - can they be forced to reveal their time-zone fairly? Not too sure about that one.
    Time Zone is a rather neutral information. The same timezone as New York has a strip from Canada down to Argentine. No one knows the exact location, nor country.

I see the political problem if a Talibani regime finds out that you have Internet at home in Afganistan. But the Talibani regime doesn't know if time zone is Russian, Pakistani or Mauritius.

(I haven't double checked if I'm right about the connection country/timezone. Don't critisize me on that one, only of the idea itself.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree