1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 04:12
    I posted a thread, and 2 people edited my words to make it seem stupid.

Why cant youmake the edit function only for the person who posted it in the first place, so they can correct a mistake or something.

Please do it. vishva
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 05:57
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

Why cant youmake the edit function only for the person who posted it in the first place, so they can correct a mistake or something.

Please do it. vishva
    In which thread did you seem stupid?
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 07:38

Please do it. vishva
    Actually they can't edit your post, only you can.

But they can change the quote (this is probably what you meant) and there is nothing one can do about it, since one can invent a quote (has been done).

All you can do is to give feedback to the moderators. If they think that it has been not okay, they can temporarily or infinetly ban people.
  4. Bristol, UK
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 19:11
    Two people editing my posts usually makes me seem more intelligent. 🙄
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 09:11
    I posted a thread, but my words to make me seem stupid.
    vishva
    Russ he does have a point, can you put a fix in please?
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 12:30

Please do it. vishva
    When you hit the "Reply and Quote" under the box you make your reply, you will see the following text

Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban.

The only way to complain about this is to use the "Alert Moderator" button and explain your misgivings about the amended post.

If your complaint is accepted then the post should be removed and the person banned from posting for a period of time.

However, you have to watch who has amended your quote, as many people are immune from getting their comments removed. This is covered under the Please edit quoted text responsibly which in theory gives certain people carte blache to do what they want.

The reply and quote function should be exactly that and the original text should not be able to be amended, even though in some cases it is funny.

Try reporting the posts that have been amended and let us know if they are removed or not.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 19:47
    Originally posted by adramforall
    ...However, you have to watch who has amended your quote, as many people are immune from getting their comments removed....
    Hey, are you Very Rusty in disguise?

😛
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 20:141 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hey, are you Very Rusty in disguise?

😛
    Wash your mouth out with soapy water 😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree