1. Swansea
    Moves
    24 Apr '06 23:15
    this was an idea by Dr Strangelove in another thread in general and I agree with it so thought I would post it here 🙂

Thread 42172
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 00:24
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    this was an idea by Dr Strangelove in another thread in general and I agree with it so thought I would post it here 🙂

Thread 42172
    Even if an email notification wasn't possible, the removed post could be replaced with a short reason and we wouldn't be searching all over the forums for a post that no longer existed.

I've seen this system in place in many other forums.
  3. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 14:29
    OK, I'll try giving this a go. Can't speak for the other mods though so it'll be a one mod trial for now.

As mods can only remove one post at a time, or remove a thread altogehter, in most cases I won't be able to keep the original thread. What I'd propose then is to remove the thread and then replace it with another with the same title, containing a brief reason for it's removal.
  4. Swansea
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 16:09
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    OK, I'll try giving this a go. Can't speak for the other mods though so it'll be a one mod trial for now.

As mods can only remove one post at a time, or remove a thread altogehter, in most cases I won't be able to keep the original thread. What I'd propose then is to remove the thread and then replace it with another with the same title, containing a brief reason for it's removal.
    that sounds like a good idea for a replacement to what is in place at the moment, not to disrespect you for the job youre doing at the moment of course 🙂
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 21:09
    Originally posted by belgianfreak

That would be good. Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree