1. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 06:42
    Just a thought of an e-newsletter on improvements and upcoming events for RHP, status of Game Mods, No. of cheats removed from site, milestone achievements for members. tournament info. So on and so forth. Something a little more dorect to keep members informed.
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 11:28
    Originally posted by KJCavalier
    Just a thought of an e-newsletter on improvements and upcoming events for RHP, status of Game Mods, No. of cheats removed from site, milestone achievements for members. tournament info. So on and so forth. Something a little more dorect to keep members informed.
    RHP, please notice?
  3. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 16:51
    I guess I am about the only one who really thought it a good idea
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 17:19
    I guess I am about the only one who really thought it a good idea
    Looks like it.
  5. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 17:21
    I like it.
  6. West Virginia
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 22:521 edit
    I think it would be a good idea as well, but what things would one expect to find?

Tournament reports, League reports, Siege game reports, Clan recuitment ads, Top 10 or 20 lists, site updates info, announcements, and of course the ever popular "what my cat typed on my keyboard today"😉

[edit] What's in ther first post of the thread sounds good too!
  7. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 08:40
    the newsletter could also add the chess puzzles as well. simple setups that we lower ranked (1300 and under) could learn from. It could also reconize milestone move markers for players (10,000 100,000 moves or whatever breakdown might be used) not sure how easy this could be added but winning streaks and at what level. 8141 players registered here would make that a bit tough.

A "did you know" section about RHP, I am certain that not everyone looks throughout the site to see what all is available from FAQ's to various challenges available.

There has been a major discussion on cheaters and this could also show what progress has been made toward curbing the problem.

An example of this would be, 8 players have been caught using the chess engine "fritz' and have been banned from RHP. Not listing names, but numbers.

Assistance needed by RHP for site development. I know there is a forum for this, but the newsletter could directly list current needs for improving RHP.

Chess related advertising could be added to the newsletter.

The list could go on and on. but I still like the idea, and would go far in the RHP community.
  8. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 06:28
    Ah yes this was an idea ahead of its time I suppose. As it is now in the process of getting buried. I shall allow it to reach the top once more and then, let it fall into thread nirvana.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree