Evolving, but a bit too slow !

Evolving, but a bit too slow !

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
28 Aug 09
1 edit

Comparing it with some other concurent chess sites, I've come up with conclusion that RHP is (especially for long-term members as myself) warmer place. Its stable, forums are well organized, chess features are cool, interface is nice, simple yet very functional, good-looking and fast-loading. Membership is cheaper than on average CC site and site owners won't spam you with membership offers every day. Also, non-sub restrictions here are pretty well thought and fair. On some other sites, for example, some restrictions make you feel like they are blackmailing in order to force subscription...

On the other hand... Well, look at the title of the thread. Updates are rare, and for some updates that are "coming soon" we are waiting for years. In particular, annotated pgns in the forums aren't implemented yet, conditional moves are still a bit too slow, complicated and counter-intuitive, rating floors could be done...

Some minor features could be added once in a while just to keep the site fresh and up-to-date.

I would personally like to see more flexible and better pgn and pgn-annotation system, notebook, faster conditional moves and maybe some new features like "vote chess" or tactical puzzles section.

I plan to suscribe again next year and play a bit more then now so I would like to see these updates becoming real... Such things just keep the player motivated.

Of course, my overall RHP score is 5/5. I love chess so much because of this site !

All the best 🙂

rc

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by ivan2908
Comparing it with some other concurent chess sites, I've come up with conclusion that RHP is (especially for long-term members as myself) warmer place. Its stable, forums are well organized, chess features are cool, interface is nice, simple yet very functional, good-looking and fast-loading. Membership is cheaper than on average CC site and site owners won ...[text shortened]... overall RHP score is 5/5. I love chess so much because of this site !

All the best 🙂
vote chess would be excellent!

b

Here

Moves
31 Aug 09

Originally posted by ivan2908
...new features like "vote chess" or tactical puzzles section...
Highly Rec'd

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
02 Sep 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
vote chess would be excellent!
That's for sure, but that's just one of the ideas. I think these features could attract more and more members here.