1. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 17:52
    Since a lot of questions are asked over and over again, wouldn't it be a good idea to take these question up in the FAQ. I wouldn't mind making a start with the list (if the idea is liked).

Further more, it would be nice if there was a direct search (the help forum) option available from the help pages. Now one has to go to the forums, click 'search forums' and click the link 'google search'. Maybe people are not aware of this option and/or can't find it.

Opinions?
  2. Earth Prime
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 18:04
    that google search has never worked for me.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 19:06
    Originally posted by adje
    Since a lot of questions are asked over and over again, wouldn't it be a good idea to take these question up in the FAQ. I wouldn't mind making a start with the list (if the idea is liked).

Further more, it would be nice if there was a direct search (the help forum) option available from the help pages. Now one has to go to the forums, click 'search forum ...[text shortened]... 'google search'. Maybe people are not aware of this option and/or can't find it.

Opinions?
    I'd like to think that it would help however the huge number of "My opponent made an illegal move" (en passant), "I won and my rating went down" (provisional ratings) and other questions already in the FAQ lead me to believe that no one actually reads it.

If that's the case then adding more things to it won't help.
  4. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 19:24
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I'd like to think that it would help however the huge number of "My opponent made an illegal move" (en passant), "I won and my rating went down" (provisional ratings) and other questions already in the FAQ lead me to believe that no one actually reads it.

If that's the case then adding more things to it won't help.
    Maybe not, but it takes not much effort to do it, so why not?

And the benefit is that no one has to take the effort to give a meaningful answer, but one can simple reply with "read Help/FAQ".
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 21:58
    Originally posted by adje
    Maybe not, but it takes not much effort to do it, so why not?

And the benefit is that no one has to take the effort to give a meaningful answer, but one can simple reply with "read Help/FAQ".
    I've been doing that for months.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree