1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Nov '04 18:14
    There is a space in standard PGN notation for ECO/ELO.

When you choose to email games, could the current rating of the players be included in that space? I don't know if that's a big no-no, due to our ratings not being ECO/ELO ratings, but it would be really helpful when going through archived games months down the line.

D
  2. West Virginia
    Moves
    20 Nov '04 00:181 edit
    Ratings would be *really* nice! And it would save me time in having to look things up! Since they are already stored at the site (Profile), it just seems a valid PGN tag would be needed. I know there is a WhiteELO/BlackELO and a WhiteUSCF/BlackUSCF, but isn't there also a WhiteRating/BlackRating?

ECO would require probably much more work in order to determine the ECO code for the opening. Probably more than the return, unless there were searching by ECO for the games on the site. Then you would have several people magically playing like IronMan31 or some other high rated player at the site.
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    20 Nov '04 11:11
    good idea!
    This and other little things could be improved with pgns.
    th
  4. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    20 Nov '04 12:06
    also there should be the option of exporting the File it self and not just the text
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Nov '04 17:57
    Originally posted by bazik
    also there should be the option of exporting the File it self and not just the text
    I've always been a bit confused about that. If the pgn file was sent as a .pgn text file, then the dodgy html formatting wouldn't exist.

I also think there should be a link, view all games, which would be very similar to the email my games, but would just display all the games on screen.

D
  6. West Virginia
    Moves
    20 Nov '04 18:55
    Maybe others are doing this too, but I use the page that shows the PGN and allows for game emailing to copy the PGN text and use the Import single game option in Scid to paste if in the window, add things like round "corrections", I like the round format of: Round.Quad#.Player#.Game# so 1.12.2.1 would be the 1st round, Quad #12, Player #2 in the Quad, Game #1 with that player.

But this is just me...

I later update the game in Scid with rating info and opening/ECO. I use Scid because its freeware and I like all of the reports it can give you. But again, this is just me...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree