Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member Wizard of Fire
    Master of Burning
    22 Jan '07 16:33
    When you are searching for a player, how about adding which move setting you would like. so if you were searching for someone that moves 'multiple a day', you can select that tick box and then perform the search so all those that move 'multiple a day' will be shown.
    i just thought that it would make it easier in choosing players becasue with the normal search there isn't that option.
  2. 22 Jan '07 21:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Wizard of Fire
    When you are searching for a player, how about adding which move setting you would like. so if you were searching for someone that moves 'multiple a day', you can select that tick box and then perform the search so all those that move 'multiple a day' will be shown.
    i just thought that it would make it easier in choosing players becasue with the normal search there isn't that option.
    You are genius!
  3. Standard member Wizard of Fire
    Master of Burning
    22 Jan '07 21:24
    have a tick box for movements (in find player) so you can find people with how often they are likely to move a day

    only because that is partly how i choose my opponents, on how often they will move
  4. Standard member Wizard of Fire
    Master of Burning
    24 Jan '07 18:56
    is any one interested in this idea
  5. 25 Jan '07 01:56
    Originally posted by Wizard of Fire
    is any one interested in this idea
    Nobody believes those move settings that people state anyway.

    And they are not enforced so they are really only a guide, if anything.
  6. Standard member Wizard of Fire
    Master of Burning
    25 Jan '07 14:33
    just because some people don't follow it, it doesn't mean that everyone else does. i think it is quite a good idea. it depends on what the developers feel about it as well as other members of RHP
  7. 25 Jan '07 17:58
    Originally posted by Wizard of Fire
    just because some people don't follow it, it doesn't mean that everyone else does. i think it is quite a good idea. it depends on what the developers feel about it as well as other members of RHP
    I agree it could be a useful feature if people were truthful.
  8. 25 Jan '07 18:26
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I agree it could be a useful feature if people were truthful.
    What would my "true" move frequency be if I tend to make several moves per day in some of my games, but only move once a week in others? Or if I move several times per day in all games (provided that the opponent moves, too) on many days, but sometimes stop moving for several days?
  9. 25 Jan '07 18:41
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    What would my "true" move frequency be if I tend to make several moves per day in some of my games, but only move once a week in others? Or if I move several times per day in all games (provided that the opponent moves, too) on many days, but sometimes stop moving for several days?
    It's meant to show your intentions, not your actual move frequency.

    That's what I thought anyway.
  10. 25 Jan '07 18:46
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    It's meant to show your intentions, not your actual move frequency.

    That's what I thought anyway.
    Same difference. I have no intention to use the same move frequency in all my games.
  11. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    25 Jan '07 21:36
    Check the player tables. The most active player that month is bound to move a lot.
  12. 26 Jan '07 00:27
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Same difference. I have no intention to use the same move frequency in all my games.
    So, what setting do you choose?
  13. 26 Jan '07 01:00
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    So, what setting do you choose?
    (Checking...)
    Every few days
  14. 26 Jan '07 02:37
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    You are genius!
    No, I am the genius!
    Go see my thread in this forum titled Black and White.
    Modestly speaking, it is the single most brilliant idea ever.