1. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '05 08:33
    could the option to randomize the back row according to FR's rules be included easily as an option alongside "set peices"? if people wanted to play FR, then they would just click it and the backrows would be automatically randomized.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Aug '05 17:07
    Originally posted by Darth Sponge
    could the option to randomize the back row according to FR's rules be included easily as an option alongside "set peices"? if people wanted to play FR, then they would just click it and the backrows would be automatically randomized.
    I would take this further. The option to play rated FR games would rock.
  3. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '05 22:03
    come on people, this could be fun- so who's for it? let's hear it!
  4. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 11:50
    i've not heard of this before. can you still castle?
  5. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 12:10
    Originally posted by murrow
    i've not heard of this before. can you still castle?
    yes you can.

http://www.chessvariants.org/diffsetup.dir/fischer.html

gg
  6. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 12:17
    Rated games for a chess variant would need extra Player Tables.
    If you like to play rated FR go to http://brainking.com/en/SelectGameType for example. They've got about 100 rated players there.

I started to play gothic chess there a while ago but at the end of the day there is nothing like the rhp-web site, comunity and good old-fashioned chess.

gg
  7. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '05 07:45
    Originally posted by gotti2000
    Rated games for a chess variant would need extra Player Tables.
    If you like to play rated FR go to http://brainking.com/en/SelectGameType for example. They've got about 100 rated players there.

I started to play gothic chess there a while ago but at the end of the day there is nothing like the rhp-web site, comunity and good old-fashioned chess.

gg
    thanks... but the point is that I don't want to go anywhere else. I like this site. and in my humble opinon, it could be made slightly better by adding a simple Fischerrandom routine. leave them unrrated, sure. that's fine. it won't mess with anyones rating and people can still play for fun. i would like to start playing more FR and thus, i advocate an automatic feature to facilitate this.

how many people have to aggree on it for it to happen?
  8. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    05 Aug '05 10:16
    how many people have to aggree on it for it to happen?
    Russ has a voting thing under: Community tab and Votes.

Maybe you could ask him to put this to a vote to see who is interested/ for/ against??

M
  9. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '05 08:05
    Originally posted by noxidjkram
    Russ has a voting thing under: Community tab and Votes.

Maybe you could ask him to put this to a vote to see who is interested/ for/ against??

M
    hey, thanks. I hadn't noticed that before.

i sent feedback and requested a vote. how many votes does it need to get to "get elected"? can we use the Karl Rove method?
  10. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 10:01
    hey, thanks. I hadn't noticed that before.

i sent feedback and requested a vote. how many votes does it need to get to "get elected"? can we use the Karl Rove method?
    so i emailed them and they said that it's a good idea but probably won't be in the next upgrade. is that an actual person or a robot?

11. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 20:11
    so i emailed them and they said that it's a good idea but probably won't be in the next upgrade. is that an actual person or a robot?

He's a real person, he just writes like a robot. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree