1. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 00:45
    i'm carrying this over from the FischerRandom thread on the chess group:

it would be interesting to have a FischerRandom option on RHP.
  2. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 10:35
    Eh?
  3. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 17:53
    Originally posted by malinga
    Eh?
    um... i mean a randomizer that would set up the back row according to the rules of FischerRandom chess. i think the rules are that the king has to be inbetween the rooks and the bishops must be on opposite colors, but where the rest lands is willy-nilly... so if there was a FR option then we could elect to play FischerRandom and the site would provide us with a randomized backrow.

4. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 21:58
    Originally posted by Darth Sponge
    um... i mean a randomizer that would set up the back row according to the rules of FischerRandom chess. i think the rules are that the king has to be inbetween the rooks and the bishops must be on opposite colors, but where the rest lands is willy-nilly... so if there was a FR option then we could elect to play FischerRandom and the site would provide us with a randomized backrow.

I'm sure there's a program out there that'll do it for you, and then you could just do a set piece from that position.
  5. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 22:42
    Originally posted by ark13
    I'm sure there's a program out there that'll do it for you, and then you could just do a set piece from that position.
    is there an option to arrange the pieces in RHP games?