1. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 00:24
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    i have found that when I come back the next day after looking at/posting in threads, they are no longer flagged. I have not quit firefox or switched off my computer. I have no idea about programming so I don't understand the scripts.

Edit: It's just the 'looked at' threads, which go back to bold type after a day.
    Not sure what the issue is. The scripts don't use cookies so that shouldn't be it. When you say that the 'looked at' threads change to bold font, they're supposed to do that if there are new posts in the thread since you last read it so make sure that isn't the problem.

Tracking takes place in the scriptvals. In the location bar enter 'about:config' and then enter 'RHP Forums' in the filter text field. The number in the Preference name is the thread id whiel the Value is the time of the last post that you have read (in seconds since 1970). So check these values after you have read a thread and then check out the values the next day. The numbers should be the same assuming that you haven't read the thread. If that's not the case, something weird is happening.
  2. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    07 Mar '06 17:31
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    When you say that the 'looked at' threads change to bold font, they're supposed to do that if there are new posts in the thread since you last read it so make sure that isn't the problem.

Ahh, yes. Please forget I said anything. And thanks very much for the scripts - I especially like the ratings calculator and the extra functionality for posting rhp links.
  3. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 14:06
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I have been using ouroboros' script for a while now, and I find it very helpful. But I have noticed something strange - sometimes a thread will not get marked as read, and sometimes it won't get marked with a red dot after I have posted in it. In the latter case, it will not get marked with a green dot later either. I found out that this happens when the tim ...[text shortened]... 8:51. Maybe the last post was deleted. In any case, the thread doesn't get marked as read.
    Okay, this problem happens more often than I thought. I've updated the forum.user.js script to add a minute to the timestamp of the last post to compensate.

There is a potential problem where a thread will have a new post in it but the the thread will not be marked as having new posts. It's a tradeoff. You can enable or disable this fudge factor by setting ENABLE_FUDGE_FACTOR to 1 or 0, respectively.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree