1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 20:131 edit
    How come there is no option to flip the board?

EDIT - By flip, I mean reverse the orientation of the pieces, not swat all the pieces onto the floor in a rage... although that option may be useful as well. 😀
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 20:51
    What about a 3d board. And animated pieces. And they do nasty things to each other when taking. Just like the old game 'battlechess'.

Otherwise, Flip board is a nice idea.
  3. Uk
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 01:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. In your face
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 02:40
    Originally posted by darvlay

EDIT - By flip, I mean reverse the orientation of the pieces, not swat all the pieces onto the floor in a rage... although that option may be useful as well. 😀
    You could always use the old draconian 'mirror from the second hand shop' method. Works a blooming treat for me.
  5. Dhaka
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 07:17
    Originally posted by darvlay

that's a very good idea. But sometimes good ideas should be avoided. If you flip the board you don't remain a player then, you just become an analyzer. And you may get much more easily what your oppent is up to. And that's not the real chess ... but when you are analysing the board after the game is over, that's ok...
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 09:51
    Originally posted by muktadir
    that's a very good idea. But sometimes good ideas should be avoided. If you flip the board you don't remain a player then, you just become an analyzer. And you may get much more easily what your oppent is up to. And that's not the real chess ... but when you are analysing the board after the game is over, that's ok...
    What about when you're looking at a game between 2 other people, and you want to watch it from 1 particular player's viewpoint?

Alos, some GM's (don't know who) get up mid game and walk around the board to see what it looks like from the opponent's point of view.

D
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 10:261 edit
    The feature exists already, but it is not yet released. I have a clear day (no wife, no kids! Wahoo!) and I am going to give it all I have got to get it to a beta state.

I said this 2 weeks ago😳, but it will be another 2 weeks before anyone will really get a sniff of this new code.

-Russ
  8. Dhaka
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 11:57
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    What about when you're looking at a game between 2 other people, and you want to watch it from 1 particular player's viewpoint?

Alos, some GM's (don't know who) get up mid game and walk around the board to see what it looks like from the opponent's point of view.

D
    Oh...sorry..I didn't know it...If it's acceptable then it's a good idea..
  9. Northern Virginia
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 23:26
    I would put this idea (which I like) in the same category as the "analyze board" feature. No, in real-live games of chess you generally aren't permitted to keep another chess set by your side, and to move the pieces on it in order to explore various paths, but I do that here, and would use the flip/rotate feature as well. 🙂
  10. In your face
    Moves
    01 Apr '05 00:55
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    I'd like to see that. I think it would be a bit unnerving though if someone did it to you during a match.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree