1. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 03:02
    SirS, I ran out of flag time a few days ago, why can't I buy flag time like I can over at chess.com ?? ...the more you pay the more flag time you get...
    GOOD income your missing out on here !! ....36 paltry days is just not enough....come one guys, lets have a PREMIUM account whereby another 20quid DOUBLES my 'entitlements'...I really need them, I am not alone...surely lol...

Here's another cracking idea put to me by 'Jankr', let other subscribers SELL their flag time...ebay would do the trick...think about this, if a subscriber could sell his flag time there would be MORE subscribers, as those that 'don't vacate' could freely flog them on and get a years subscription for free....everyone's a winner, what more do you need in life 😀
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 10:48
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    SirS, I ran out of flag time a few days ago, why can't I buy flag time like I can over at chess.com ?? ...the more you pay the more flag time you get...
    GOOD income your missing out on here !! ....36 paltry days is just not enough....come one guys, lets have a PREMIUM account whereby another 20quid DOUBLES my 'entitlements'...I really need them, I am n ...[text shortened]... a years subscription for free....everyone's a winner, what more do you need in life 😀
    what about a Platinum accout with unlimited vacation. you can play timebank only events over years.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 11:17
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    what about a Platinum accout with unlimited vacation. you can play timebank only events over years.
    I do hope there's a 'degree' of humour in that comment lol...
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 11:21
    I do hope there's a 'degree' of humour in that comment lol...
    I should have raised the irony flag, but thought that it showed so well in your post that tehre wouldn't be need to...

New suggestion: please add to the thumbs up/down flags for well persceived irony. Maybe some posters would wonder how high the count could go 😉
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 11:27
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I should have raised the irony flag, but thought that it showed so well in your post that tehre wouldn't be need to...

New suggestion: please add to the thumbs up/down flags for well persceived irony. Maybe some posters would wonder how high the count could go 😉
    😀
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 19:55
    SirS, I ran out of flag time a few days ago, why can't I buy flag time like I can over at chess.com ?
    what's chess.com?
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 22:57
    GOOD income your missing out on here !! ....36 paltry days is just not enough....come one guys, lets have a PREMIUM account whereby another 20quid DOUBLES my 'entitlements'...I really need them, I am n ...[text shortened]... a years subscription for free....everyone's a winner, what more do you need in life 😀
    Come on Dean!!.
    All the debates and complaints about people hiding behind their vacation flags which we've both contributed to, and you're suggesting a way to increase flag time?
    It's just a question of managing your flag time efficiently.
    I KNOW when I'm going away and reduce my game load accordingly.
    I also decline to enter any games with short time banks(except one M.U.T.I tournament which I entered by mistake!!).
    Do you "save" flag time by calculating when your skull would appear and book vacations from that date?
    I do and it saves me lot's of days in the year.
    36 days or 10 days.It's just a question of planning(I was a planner for most of my working life by the way).
    The income thing is a different debate entirely.
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 23:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    what's chess.com?
    I think it's a website dedicated to Dorothy Comingore.
    A dead Hollywood actress.
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 14:08

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 14:09
    Originally posted by venda
    Come on Dean!!.
    All the debates and complaints about people hiding behind their vacation flags which we've both contributed to, and you're suggesting a way to increase flag time?
    It's just a question of managing your flag time efficiently.
    I KNOW when I'm going away and reduce my game load accordingly.
    I also decline to enter any games with short time bank ...[text shortened]... r most of my working life by the way).
    The income thing is a different debate entirely.
    Hi Dave, welllllllllllll, apart from the tongue-in-cheek aspect here, I ran out of flag time whilst on my annual holidays. I tried to eke out the last 2weeks flag time over that 3weeks away but no chance, even though I did play toward timeout left in games, switching it on and off...as you indeed indicate.
    I've had a severely busy year, work wise, travelling to and from Holland and spending 4-5days there more often than not..lost time, 'rarely' having opportunity to play here in these periods.. but the crux is that the year is nowhere near finished..my biggest error was running over 60games, there's just no way you can 'manage' all the timeout \ timebank with that number of games (!?).
    Most definitely I'm with you with regard to the posts we've commented on on this topic..BUT, until it hits you it's always going to be a case of '36days is ADEQUATE to say the least !'
    However, I'm of the opinion also that it's extra income for the site should they recognise the need for those that require more..just in 'my' small circle I know of at least a dozen folk that would pay for the extra days, and I was always told that 'where there's a market \ need, you should cater to it'...and why shouldn't there be different 'standards' of subscriber here, there's certainly no kudos attached to the flag but for the number that require more...let them spend more !!??
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Sep '12 22:57
    Hi Dave, welllllllllllll, apart from the tongue-in-cheek aspect here, I ran out of flag time whilst on my annual holidays. I tried to eke out the last 2weeks flag time over that 3weeks away but no chance, even though I did play toward timeout left in games, switching it on and off...as you indeed indicate.
    I've had a severely busy year, work wise, trav ...[text shortened]... the flag but for the number that require more...let them spend more !!??
    You've solved your own dilemma there my friend in the statement about running too many games.
    I don't agree with the idea of being able to buy more vacation time.
    In an ideal world, everyone should have equal rights.
    To allow site members who can afford it to buy privileges is morally wrong.
    One law for the rich......!!
  12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 01:12
    Originally posted by venda
    You've solved your own dilemma there my friend in the statement about running too many games.
    I don't agree with the idea of being able to buy more vacation time.
    In an ideal world, everyone should have equal rights.
    To allow site members who can afford it to buy privileges is morally wrong.
    One law for the rich......!!
    No Dave, it's called commerce...commercial aspects drive any economy, match the need with a product and an enterprise has a chance of survival or better still, expansion....the knock-on effects benefit all....or have I just become far too 'southern' in my outlook over all my years down here lol....
  13. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 18:24
    No Dave, it's called commerce...commercial aspects drive any economy, match the need with a product and an enterprise has a chance of survival or better still, expansion....the knock-on effects benefit all....or have I just become far too 'southern' in my outlook over all my years down here lol....
    You're answering your own questions again!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree