1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 21:29
    I am black RBHILL and Taqju is white
    20 Black what program do you use?
    21 White AutoCad usually. no engines
    21 Black What is AutoCad? I myself use books but not well I play though.
    22 White After the game I lost so easily to you earlier had to don the thinking cap. AutoCad is a drafting programme I use at work.
    22 Black My dad doesnt Play chess but He bought me Shredder 8 for Christmas, but he told me not to use it in games because he says people who use the engine don't really believe that they are that good at chess.
    Game 873501
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=873501
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 22:04
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    22 White After the game I lost so easily to you earlier had to don the thinking cap. AutoCad is a drafting programme I use at work.
    22 Black My dad doesnt Play c ...[text shortened]... t good at chess.
    Game 873501
    😠

1. The timing is wrong. Cheat Police accusations should be done in private, when they are established. Not through the forums.
    2. Just because you made a couple of crappy moves and he exploited them, doesn't mean engine use.
    3. Autocad is a drawing program. Not a chess engine, berk.

D
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 22:08
    Eh,I also wondered how can Autocad be used for playing chess........😕😕
  4. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 22:202 edits
    22 White After the game I lost so easily to y ...[text shortened]... [/gid]
    Mr Hill,

1) Best to wait until the Game Mods are functional.

2) Best not to comment on games in progress.

3) Best not to publically relay verbatim messages that were meant to be a private conversation.

4) Analysing above game shows white with approximately 50% engine compliance on unforced moves (which is moderate) and several moves that an engine would consider tactical blunders. Player appears to be human.

5) Black has 20% engine compliance, with many moves that an engine would see as tactical blunders. Player appeares to be sub-human (sorry, couldn't resist that!)

Seriously, black has played rather poorly, and if white were an engine, the game would already have ended. Of course, it does not rule out selective use of engine moves, but you would need much more than one game to build any convincing evidence on that score.
  5. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 02:37
    Wow RBill, that was the most awesome black opening I ever saw! You traded a good bisop for a lousy knight, giving white a good bishop instead, how dare, he, white, capture back like this! He must be using an engine!
  6. Standard memberohfreak
    El Freak0
    NW GD Ohio
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 07:21
    What kind of crappy Atari 400 (w/tape drive) is that engine running on to be rated 1218 anyhow?
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 23:52
    Originally posted by mateulose
    Wow RBill, that was the most awesome black opening I ever saw! You traded a good bisop for a lousy knight, giving white a good bishop instead, how dare, he, white, capture back like this! He must be using an engine!
    I am better with my Knights then my Bishops, I have read lots of books on just looking at the knight sections.
  8. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 23:591 edit
    I am better with my Knights then my Bishops, I have read lots of books on just looking at the knight sections.
    to know about knights is good ... it gives you the knowledge of how to make your opponents knights uncomfortable ... and so you can use your bishops to great advantage!

by the way: i thought the way you played the opening was ok ... possibly not mainline for the grandmasters (i cannot say and do not really care, what is playable for us at our level is more important)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree