1. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 13:28
    When you have forced mate(s) and can demonstrate this with conditional moves, perhaps we could have a facility to show this to the opponent with the option of ending the game if they agree? What do people think?
  2. Joined
    13 Jun '10
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 21:10
    just use the conditional moves option to set up the final moves in multi move mode, and let your opponent play against the RHP site :-)
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    05 Mar '16 21:571 edit
    I suppose it's less necessary for subscribers as you don't have limits on number of simultaneous games. I think non subs also have limits on conditional moves. But it could conceivably speed up the progress of some tournaments if widely adopted by players.
  4. Joined
    13 Jun '10
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 19:20
    there are many many threads in the chess forum about "why won't my opponent resign".

the second and more important sticking point you have is that the analysis board does not check for move legality, so it can't "prove" anything. This is by design so it cannot assist you.
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 21:30
    Originally posted by delnz
    there are many many threads in the chess forum about "why won't my opponent resign".

the second and more important sticking point you have is that the analysis board does not check for move legality, so it can't "prove" anything. This is by design so it cannot assist you.
    I guess you're right, although it would be at least possible to set out a series of conditional moves and submit them to be read by software on the RHP servers. They could then be shown to the other player with the option to resign (or draw if there is a forced draw). But I guess it's probably not worth the extra programming.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree