Forced Openings

Forced Openings

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

U.S.A.

Moves
30 Dec 06
2 edits

I like the idea where you can create a game and be able to play whatever opening you want without having to worry that your opponent might deviate from it and do whatever opening they want, instead.

For example, in "open invites" you would be able to post a game that says "slav and Semi slav" and when the game is accepted, the position would already be set up on the board. For example in Slav and Semi slav white's first move would be move #3 cause the pieces have already moved too the slav and semi slav position. I think this would be a great way too be able to practice the openings that you're most interested in learning. One chess site i used too play on is doing this now and i thought it would be a pretty cool feature for redhotpawn to have here, too. What do you guys think?

-- Paul

F

Moves
30 Dec 06

Originally posted by Pavlo87
I like the idea where you can create a game and be able to play whatever opening you want without having to worry that your opponent might deviate from it and do whatever opening they want, instead.

For example, in "open invites" you would be able to post a game that says "slav and Semi slav" and when the game is accepted, the position would already be se ...[text shortened]... a pretty cool feature for redhotpawn to have here, too. What do you guys think?

-- Paul
You can already do this by setting up a position and put it into "Open Invites".

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
30 Dec 06

Originally posted by FabianFnas
You can already do this by setting up a position and put it into "Open Invites".
I'd like to see RHP have a feature where, when you wanted to start from said set position you would 'record' the moves that got you there and it's saved into the PGN.

When a player views this open invite, they get to see the moves made so far and decide if they want to play from said position.

This would only be an option, as some positions are just Set, but some could have a line leading to the said position. This would also be nice for set position games, as you would view from move one how the position came about.

P-

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
31 Dec 06

Games that start from set positions are always unrated. If you want to play unrated games, it's easy to set them up. If you want to play the games from scratch, you should make it clear that there are certain moves to be made in sequence. However, maybe some players might accept the games knowing what your first few moves are going to be, and then deviate from your expectations after the 2nd move, so you can't delete them without losing points.