1. Standard memberLoose Screw
    Insane in the Brain!
    The House of Pain.
    Moves
    19 Aug '06 07:53
    I think it would be appriciated if there would be a forum ban list, something like the removed players list, with the names of members who got a forum ban.

With information like:
    - where they got that ban for. (bad language, threatening, etc)
    - for how long the are banned. (3 days, a week, etc)
    - who (moderator) banned them.

It's just an idea to get a better view for all the members to see why someone is banned, etc.
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    19 Aug '06 08:43
    Originally posted by Loose Screw
    I think it would be appriciated if there would be a forum ban list, something like the removed players list, with the names of members who got a forum ban.

With information like:

It's just an idea to get a better view for all the members to see why someone is banned, etc.
    I prefer the mysyery surrounding it all.

Who pulled the trigger?
    What had they done?
    When will they return?
    Am I in line for one soon?

If all this info was available, then what would we discuss in the forums once a month?
  3. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    19 Aug '06 11:02

With information like:

i think the ideas a good one....
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '06 14:39
    Originally posted by smiffy
    i think the ideas a good one....
    Me too -but the chances of that happening are similar to the proverbial snowballs chances. 🙁
  5. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    19 Aug '06 15:40

With information like:

Good idea. I also think no forum ban should be permanent, maybe 30 days to start and 90 days at the most after multiple breaking of the rules.
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 13:56

With information like:

Gets my vote.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 14:04

It would also be handy for the person who was banned - they could go and see why they were.
  8. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 14:10
    I've thought about this. It may be a good iidea - on top of what you've said it would allow people to know that someone who they alerted has been banned, and that the mods has done something.

On the downside, it could become a list of people ot pick on because they can't defend themselves. I also think it would cause more agravation to be publically branded, causing more complaints.

I think a banned list might be a good idea, but as long as the user who's banned knows why they're banned I don't think listing why is a good idea - it'd be too much like a 'name and shame' list.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 14:182 edits
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    it'd be too much like a 'name and shame' list.
    True - but so what? Good idea, name and shame - we would gradually learn what was allowed for sure and what wasn't. If I was banned I would like other people to know for what.

edit; Actually, I'd like to know myself too. Not all mods say.
  10. The sky
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 14:221 edit

With information like:

I don't know if dragging it out in the open is a good idea. Quite likely it would result in a lot of discussions by people who haven't even seen what happened. I also don't like the idea to put players on display as "criminals", especially considering how easily bans are given. The players who get a ban should get an explanation (and they shouldn't get a ban unless they have been warned), and they should be told who banned them. Besides that, I think there should be something in the FAQ about bans (it's a system I haven't seen used in any other forums), and maybe there should be information on how many players are on a ban at a given time.

Belgianfreak proposed something similar a while ago, and we had some discussion about it, but I don't remember exactly when, what the thread was called or even in which forum it was, so looking for it sounds rather hopeless.

Edit: D'oh, I am slow.
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '06 14:45
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    it could become a list of people to pick on because they can't defend themselves.
    We should have one of those lists too...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree