1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 May '23 11:49
    A few banned individuals keep opening new accounts, trolling the forums and getting banned again. This is clogging up many threads and I expect driving away readers and posters.

My suggestion is that forum posters be prevented from posting anywhere but the Help Forum until they have completed 20 rated games. That is when newbies get their official rating and it's sure to disrupt the serial offenders without harming anyone else.

How do others feel about this?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 May '23 12:11
    @kewpie said
    A few banned individuals keep opening new accounts, trolling the forums and getting banned again. This is clogging up many threads and I expect driving away readers and posters.

My suggestion is that forum posters be prevented from posting anywhere but the Help Forum until they have completed 20 rated games. That is when newbies get their official rating and it's sure to disrupt the serial offenders without harming anyone else.

That sounds to me like a reasonable solution!
    Give it a try for a few months and see how it goes.
    Now all that is needed is to sell the idea to Russ!
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 May '23 12:25
    @kewpie said

Good idea.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 May '23 17:49
    @kewpie said

too easy to circumvent. The dedicated troll we’re talking about is not above opening multiple accounts and playing against himself the requisite nr. of games.

I’m not against trying the idea of no forum access (except Help) and see whether it dampens the noise level, but it’s not a reason to cease continued vigilance.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 May '23 09:09
    The existing "play n moves" restriction before posting outside the help forum is clearly not stopping the persistent offender(s).

I may increase the threshold again somehow, but not necessarily games complete, for reasons @moonbus stated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree