1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 20:58
    The right hand side of the Debates forum front page is obscured by several blog alerts.

Using iOS on iPad.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 00:26
    Hit the x and remove them, been like that since they reopened debates.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 01:01
    @trev33 said
    Hit the x and remove them, been like that since they reopened debates.
    One problem is that Debates has its own "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here" header, which covers up the "X" box on the blog announcement. I usually have to go to the Only Chess forum to be able to hit the "X".
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 01:501 edit
    @suzianne said
    One problem is that Debates has its own "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here" header, which covers up the "X" box on the blog announcement. I usually have to go to the Only Chess forum to be able to hit the "X".
    Hit where the x should be and It'll disappear I think, when I hover over it the x appears on the laptop anyway. I bet Russ put it there as a hint play some chess and stop the bickering.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 06:45
    @suzianne said
    I usually have to go to the Only Chess forum to be able to hit the "X".
    I didn’t realise it was visible in other forums as it doesn’t appear them all. But this worked, thanks.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 06:46
    @trev33 said
    Hit where the x should be and It'll disappear I think, when I hover over it the x appears on the laptop anyway. I bet Russ put it there as a hint play some chess and stop the bickering.
    The “hover” thing isn’t applicable on a touch screen such as an iPad.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 10:50
    @divegeester said
    I didn’t realise it was visible in other forums as it doesn’t appear them all. But this worked, thanks.
    In a perfect world, the blog list would only appear in the Only Chess forum.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 15:23
    @divegeester said
    The “hover” thing isn’t applicable on a touch screen such as an iPad.
    But what happens when you hit where the x should be behind the blog?
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 15:36
    Why do we need a pop-up for a new blog post anyway?
    There already is a link at the top of the page for Blogs. Just change that so it indicates the presence of a new blog, similar to the icons for new games waiting, messages waiting, and notifications.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 17:28
    @trev33 said
    But what happens when you hit where the x should be behind the blog?
    The blog disappears, but as Suzianne said you can’t see it as it’s behind the “special needs forum guidelines” banner which doesn’t disappear on iPad no matter what one does.

Clicking on the X where the blog appears in another forum worked.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree