1. Leeds, UK
    Moves
    06 Jan '05 12:13
    I don't know if this has been suggested before, or even if it is feasible:

Is there any way we could have an option in "My Home" to track the threads we have created, or posted too? As I am extremely forgetful it would be nice to be able to find them without trawling through all the "Thread Lists" to look out for replies.

Many thanks
  2. Leeds, UK
    Moves
    06 Jan '05 12:22
    Also, can the last posted message please please be at the top on page one instead of at the bottom of the last page. It sort of makes more sense to me to have them chronologically.

Anyone agree?
  3. Leeds, UK
    Moves
    06 Jan '05 12:30
    Also, before anyone asks me to subscribe before I make suggestions, I understand where you are coming from, and only have one question -

Do you accept third party payment - i.e. if I ask my brother to use his debit card so that I can subscribe??
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Jan '05 17:31
    A post alert would ruin the fun of searching the forums to see if anyone answered you... Might be a good idea, but I wouldn't use it.

The first post is on the first page... the last post is on the last page. You must be thinking backwards. You'll get used to it.

If your brother wants to use his card I am sure it is fine, you will want to read the Terms of Service to be sure it is worth it for you to pay up as a member.

Good luck!

P+

5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    06 Jan '05 19:22
    Originally posted by Favs
    Also, can the last posted message please please be at the top on page one instead of at the bottom of the last page. It sort of makes more sense to me to have them chronologically.

Anyone agree?
    an 'end of thread' link would be as useful

🙂

Andy
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Jan '05 19:28
    Originally posted by rhb
    an 'end of thread' link would be as useful

🙂

Andy
    On the thread list page, click on the date under last post instead of the thread name, and that brings u to the last page of posts. Not the last post though, but a simple tap of the end key gets u there.

D
  7. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    06 Jan '05 23:202 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    On the thread list page, click on the date under last post instead of the thread name, and that brings u to the last page of posts. Not the last post though, but a simple tap of the end key gets u there.

D
    Apologies I think we are on different lines - I mean once within a thread... there is no quick way to jump to the last post in a thread

Actually... there is by clicking the page number, but not once a thread reaches more than 20 pages long - which of course happens *so* often 😉 - this stop working.

Maybe just a choice to default the setting to start at either first post in thread or last post in thread when entering a thread? This is used on www.runnersworld.co.uk.

Probably nothing needed afterall... time for bed, it's late and i'm babbling (again)!

Edit - this is what I mean... try skipping straight to the last post on this thread: http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=15636

Edit 2 - ok so that thread is only 21 pages - but if it reached 41? Lots(?) more clicks to reach the last post... can't be having that now can we? 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree