Forum Moderater Private Messages

Forum Moderater Private Messages

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
15 Apr 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
They wouldn't have to respond and in some cases it's perfectly obvious why a post is removed, but I don't see any harm in giving them the option to. It might save them work in the long run, if they clearly articulate what is objectionable to someone who doesn't understand what the problem was. I try to conform to the forum posting rules; there's little sense violating them.
I think the idea of having a generic 'forum moderator' message is simply so individual mods don't get caught up in specific disputes with specific forum users, otherwise the mods would be sending messages with their own name attached. Either way, it's a whole lot of a pain in the a$$ for them to have to keep up correspondence with half the forum all the time. Does the current message come with a reason attached? (never had one personally, though have been quietly advised to watch my language...) If not, then perhaps a one line explanation isn't too much of a stretch. Even so, you'd probably find an explanation just as infuriating as you'd want to respond to that also. Come to think of it, when does the conversation end exactly? When the poster accepts he's wrong or the Mod?? Sounds like a very bum deal for the mods either way really...i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to get implemented. The mods won't want it and Russ would probably rather keep them happy for obvious reasons...

A

Amsterdam

Moves
15 Apr 08

EDIT: Damnit; didn't check the spelling in the title.
You made a spelling mistake in the title... 😛

I do support the idea though..
In the mean time you can just send a PM to all Forum Mods after they made a decision that you don't see as right.. helped me once..

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Apr 08

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
I think the idea of having a generic 'forum moderator' message is simply so individual mods don't get caught up in specific disputes with specific forum users, otherwise the mods would be sending messages with their own name attached. Either way, it's a whole lot of a pain in the a$$ for them to have to keep up correspondence with half the forum all the ...[text shortened]... ds won't want it and Russ would probably rather keep them happy for obvious reasons...
Yes, actually discussing something is a terrible "bum deal". They have already sent a PM (that's a PRIVATE MESSAGE in case you forgot); all I'm asking is that PM be like any other and be able to be responded to. One Mod already said they'd have no problem with that, so where you get your information that all the Mods would be sooooooooooooooooo opposed to such an idea is a mystery.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Apr 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
You made a spelling mistake in the title... 😛

I do support the idea though..
In the mean time you can just send a PM to all Forum Mods after they made a decision that you don't see as right.. helped me once..
That's an inefficient and problematic solution. The point of the Forum Moderator account is to preserve the individual Mod's anonymity; if they wanted to PM you with their username they would.

M

Moves
15 Apr 08

I'd like to add to what I posted earlier in this thread. I posted as an individual moderator because that's what I am. I'm also retired, with lots of spare time. Others are not necessarily able to manage the amount of time required to research a mod activity, and frequently the information is not readily available to the rest of us.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Apr 08

Yes, actually discussing something is a terrible "bum deal". They have already sent a PM (that's a PRIVATE MESSAGE in case you forgot); all I'm asking is that PM be like any other and be able to be responded to. One Mod already said they'd have no problem with that, so where you get your information that all the Mods would be sooooooooooooooooo opposed to such an idea is a mystery.
Of course your buddy is not going to have a problem with it 😛...But the same should be done for all not just for your benefit. 😛

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Of course your buddy is not going to have a problem with it 😛...But the same should be done for all not just for your benefit. 😛
How is adding a "reply" button to Forum Moderator's PMs only for "my benefit"?

Miss Oleum "my buddy"????? LMAO!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Apr 08
1 edit

How is adding a "reply" button to Forum Moderator's PMs only for "my benefit"?

Miss Oleum "my buddy"????? LMAO!
I was refering to being allowed to change your posts that have been removed , by rewording them, then them being reposted, as you said you were able to do in this thread...I am going to bet, and I am not a betting man, that Miss Oleum wasn't the person that allowed you to do that ! I figure we should be all allowed to do this if you were allowed, only one time to do it.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
15 Apr 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I was refering to being allowed to change your posts that have been removed , by rewording them, then them being reposted, as you said you were able to do in this thread...I am going to bet, and I am not a betting man, that Miss Oleum wasn't the person that allowed you to do that ! I figure we should be all allowed to do this if you were allowed, only one time to do it.
Anybody can think about their removed post and repost it more appropriately, if they so wish.

🙄

D

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Anybody can think about their removed post and repost it more appropriately, if they so wish.

🙄

D
why don't you wash the very tip of the end of your nose !!