06 Nov '06 14:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 14:45
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Do you [like me] think the site is becoming less popular because of the rubbish in the forums?
    I threw my toys out the pram (a.k.a. stopped my subscription) and went on a year sabbatical to see if RHP forums would improve, arguing to myself that Russ et al. would not change the forum moderation problems until there was a business case to do so. i.e. the money was negatively effected.
    Well it seems that either there is no business case (i.e. the forums do not negatively impact site subscriptions) or that business logic is being ignored (they do but nothing is done about it anyway), as nothing seems to have changed. Which is a shame.
    An enormous amount of gold stars to Phlab though, for still putting up with the job from hell after all this time. Get a life eh 😉
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 13:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 16:14
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I'd do it for pay. Russ could probably afford my services...the rand is weak, the pound is strong.

Yes, I am that desperate, but I am also serious.
  5. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 16:28
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I'd do it for pay. Russ could probably afford my services...the rand is weak, the pound is strong.

Yes, I am that desperate, but I am also serious.
    Go to England for a holiday. Then you wouldn't be so desparate, and you'd be less serious when you went back home...
  6. Joined
    09 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 17:24
    I wish there was a section in the debate forum where if people wanted to actually discuss the matter at hand they could. Some members seem to enjoy popping in and going off on their own miserable little diatribes. I understand flexibility, but I am accustomed to boards were if a thread gets off topic mods will delete the posts and if necessary warn the people involved. I think that maybe it would help if Russ had a line between banning and nothing he could use. I've seen warning systems were each infraction resulted in a 10% warning that lasted for 3 months, reach 100% and you were banned. Some IM services have this to where people can warn fellow members. I think this might be a good way to help moderate people who step over the line accidentally without banning them completely.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree