1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    317946
    07 Jan '18 22:29
    I'd like to see the name of Posers and Puzzles changed to Puzzles & Word Games. It may broaden the range of threads on offer in that forum and encourage people who don't like maths-type puzzles to take a look. What do others think?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    517997
    08 Jan '18 17:40
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    I'd like to see the name of Posers and Puzzles changed to Puzzles & Word Games. It may broaden the range of threads on offer in that forum and encourage people who don't like maths-type puzzles to take a look. What do others think?
    Good idea to save a dying forum.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    415631
    08 Jan '18 17:45
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Good idea to save a dying forum.
    Puzzles & Word Games does sound better. I don't believe I've ever been in that forum.

    VR
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2089
    09 Jan '18 16:532 edits
    Candidate threads to be moved there, currently in General Forum:

    Last Word Sentences
    Sticky Thread Game
    Three Word Never Ending Story
    Three Word Association Game
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    9388
    09 Jan '18 19:23
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Candidate threads to be moved there, currently in General Forum:

    Last Word Sentences
    Sticky Thread Game
    Three Word Never Ending Story
    Three Word Association Game
    I suspect those threads would die a rapid death in that forum.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    415631
    12 Jan '18 12:181 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I suspect those threads would die a rapid death in that forum.
    The STG would not die no matter if you put it in the Spirituality Forum. 😉

    -VR
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    9388
    12 Jan '18 19:37
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    The STG would not die no matter if you put it in the Spirituality Forum. 😉

    -VR
    LWS will overtake STG in 2018.

    😛
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    415631
    12 Jan '18 20:48
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    LWS will overtake STG in 2018.

    😛
    Quite possible LWS has been gaining steady now for years.

    Does it really matter?

    -VR
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    59158
    12 Jan '18 20:49
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    I'd like to see the name of Posers and Puzzles changed to Puzzles & Word Games. It may broaden the range of threads on offer in that forum and encourage people who don't like maths-type puzzles to take a look. What do others think?
    Not sure it would make much difference Kewps.
    I get a quality newspaper once a week on a Saturday.
    There's always "wordy" type puzzles in there.
    I'll put one of this weeks on the posers and puzzles forum tomorrow and see if it get's any response.
    The solutions are in the paper so it might attract some cheats at least from Brit's who get the same paper.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    13 Jan '18 00:20
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    I'd like to see the name of Posers and Puzzles changed to Puzzles & Word Games. It may broaden the range of threads on offer in that forum and encourage people who don't like maths-type puzzles to take a look. What do others think?
    I agree. The existing name doesn’t cast the net wide enough.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    9388
    13 Jan '18 08:38
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Quite possible LWS has been gaining steady now for years.

    Does it really matter?

    -VR
    Yes sir, yes it does.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    415631
    13 Jan '18 08:54
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Yes sir, yes it does.
    I don't think it really matters!!
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    9388
    13 Jan '18 09:12
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    I don't think it really matters!!
    Then your defeat is assured sir.


    Mwahahaha!
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    415631
    13 Jan '18 15:26
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Then your defeat is assured sir.


    Mwahahaha!
    Perhaps some day you will grow up, being childish is probably more fun for you! 😉 😛


    -VR
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    9388
    13 Jan '18 16:18
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Perhaps some day you will grow up, being childish is probably more fun for you! 😉 😛


    -VR
    Less fun i'm sure sir being a centenarian. 😵
Back to Top