Get a dictionary! 😉
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 16:49
    Originally posted by trev33
    please, in the drop down menu...
    Do you really think this to be worthwhile?

There are lots of threads, so the effort to sort them other than by time (which is kind of natural propbably since the database is organising them that way anyway) would go heavily on server time.

Mostly the action is in the first two pages and resurrecting threads is deemed unncoll by the majority of posters anyway
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 20:20
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Do you really think this to be worthwhile?

There are lots of threads, so the effort to sort them other than by time (which is kind of natural propbably since the database is organising them that way anyway) would go heavily on server time.

Mostly the action is in the first two pages and resurrecting threads is deemed unncoll by the majority of posters anyway
    i think you've misread what i want.

i don't want the threads in each forum to be alphabetical, that would be stupid. i want the forum in the drop down tap 'forums' to be in alphabetical order, there's what 12 forums now? something like that, it's hard to remember where they all are in the list (i'm looking at you culture) and it would be easier to have them in alphabetical order instead of the seemingly random order that it is now.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 00:26
    Most forums have sections, ours would benefit from being in 3 sections ( admin stuff, chess stuff, non-chess stuff ). If the yellow buttons were removed all of them would fit nicely on one page, too.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '09 18:24
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Most forums have sections, ours would benefit from being in 3 sections ( admin stuff, chess stuff, non-chess stuff ). If the yellow buttons were removed all of them would fit nicely on one page, too.
    People can barely post in the proper forum now.

Asking them to post in the proper sub-forum would be way too much to ask. Cross-posting would become a nightmare as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree