1. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 23:10
    This might has been discussed before but how about giving "one" free game to the non-subscribers after every 1000 or maybe 10000 move he/she makes in RHP?

This might increase the number of active members.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 04:41
    Originally posted by kenan
    This might has been discussed before but how about giving "one" free game to the non-subscribers after every 1000 or maybe 10000 move he/she makes in RHP?

This might increase the number of active members.
    You know that's a good idea... if the players who are reasonably 'loyal' to the site play for a while without subscribing.. give them say access to one free tournament or something... you join a long haul or something and you'll subscribe, i can almost garuntee it... it's so addicting those tourneys.

5000 moves (or whatever) = one tournament... I like it.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 06:532 edits
    6 free games is too many already - do you want a couple of mine?

There was an official non sub tournament a short while ago; dunno if it enticed anyone to subscribe though.
  4. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 20:37
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    6 free games is too many already - do you want a couple of mine?

There was an official non sub tournament a short while ago; dunno if it enticed anyone to subscribe though.
    I was just brainstorming.

However, letting veteran non-subcribers in some tournaments occasionaly is an excellent idea.

If somebody moved 10.000 times, giving one free game (he can use it or not, it's his option) is not asking too much.

Rewarding people for loyalty will encourage people not to leave the site, thus increasing the "active" members and make the non-subscribing members feel accomplished (and proud probably too).

It's just a harmless suggestion and that's all I want to say about the matter.
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 03:435 edits
    I'm a sub, and I think it would be a good idea, too. Especially the part about entering a tourney; it would be interesting to play a nonsub or two in a tourney.

Also, the extra game slot per x moves sounds fair.

For example, a system like:

7 games max after 10,000 moves
    8 games max after 20,000 moves
    9 games max after 30,000 moves
    10 games max after 40,000 moves
    11 games max after 50,000 moves
    12 games max after 60,000 moves
    13 games max after 70,000 moves
    14 games max after 80,000 moves
    15 games max after 90,000 moves
    Entry into tournaments (one at a time) after 100,000 moves
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 15:00
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    I'm a sub, and I think it would be a good idea, too. Especially the part about entering a tourney; it would be interesting to play a nonsub or two in a tourney.

Also, the extra game slot per x moves sounds fair.

For example, a system like:

7 games max after 10,000 moves
    8 games max after 20,000 moves
    9 games max after 30,000 moves ...[text shortened]... es
    15 games max after 90,000 moves
    Entry into tournaments (one at a time) after 100,000 moves
    People who don't pay should be awarded for making more moves? What does that have to do with business? Eat 6 free sandwiches, get your 7th for free also? This doesn't make any sense at all.

If these free users want to refer other users to joining the site, I could see them getting an extra game per user who BUYS a star, and holding that game as long as that member remains a paying customer.

P-
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 15:09
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    People who don't pay should be awarded for making more moves? What does that have to do with business? Eat 6 free sandwiches, get your 7th for free also? This doesn't make any sense at all.

If these free users want to refer other users to joining the site, I could see them getting an extra game per user who BUYS a star, and holding that game as long as that member remains a paying customer.

P-
    good post, setting em straight
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 01:53
    I was a sub until just recently and I really believe something like this would work. Subscribing is definitely worth it for those who can and I think an extra game tournament or access to one siege board or whatever would definitely add some incentive... I didn't think those tournaments would be any fun until I played one... it's amazing.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 04:17
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    I was a sub until just recently and I really believe something like this would work. Subscribing is definitely worth it for those who can and I think an extra game tournament or access to one siege board or whatever would definitely add some incentive... I didn't think those tournaments would be any fun until I played one... it's amazing.
    Like I said earlier, incentives are nice... but number of moves has nothing to do with it. If you can get someone to join and pay, now we're talking.

This user talks of loyalty to the site, but where is the loyalty when you play so many games but never pay? Loyalty is drumming up new users who are willing to pay if you are unable to pay to play.

There is absolutely no business sense in giving features to players who don't pay just because they play more games. Non-paying members could play each other in a rush to build their move counts up and get something others pay to have. If anything, it would hurt business.

Non-subs used to get 10 games, that was dropped back to 6. I don't think the admins are willing to have non-paying members who have 10 games or more, or they would have left it at 10.

P-
  10. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 04:31
    true again, its like the thing you said about the subs, it just doesnt add up for them to do..

and another angle, is if someone was a member and easily packed in a bunch of games, they could get to 10000 moves fast, and then quit knowing that they could still get a good # of games on here when all the ones run out that they started before they quit..
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 08:22
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    ..if someone was a member...
    Subscribers=Subscribers

Non-Subscribers=Non-Subscribers

Members=Subscribers & Non-Subscribers

🙁
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 10:46
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Subscribers=Subscribers

Non-Subscribers=Non-Subscribers

Members=Subscribers & Non-Subscribers

🙁
    Actually, there is no such thing as a non-sub.

Star subs.
    Non star subs.

We re all subscribers. (right?)

P-
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 10:59
    Wrong. There are subscribers but some members are not.

Information: http://www.redhotpawn.com/vstat/subs.php
  14. The sky
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 11:581 edit
    Actually, there is no such thing as a non-sub.

Star subs.
    Non star subs.

P-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscription

A subscription sells something, in this case access to additional site features that are not available to non-subscribing members. Just signing up for the site doesn't make you a subscriber.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 12:33
    Thanx you two... We are all members, but stars are subs.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree