1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 15:52
    Originally posted by kenan
    More games mean more satisfaction from the free service so it means the drop rate of deserters of RHP might decrease since people might actually try to reach those goals (little psychological trick). And that my friend, indirectly means more members.
    It really depends on the question: How many deserters are there?

If the rate of deserters isn't high, then this is a non-issue.

I think it wouldn't be a necessarily bad idea to have a non-sub tournament option where each non-sub would be able to play in one tournament. If they wanted to play in another, then they would have to subscribe.

Although playing in a tournament isn't much more than having more games really when it comes down to it.
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 15:54
    More games mean more satisfaction from the free service so it means the drop rate of deserters of RHP might decrease since people might actually try to reach those goals (little psychological trick). And that my friend, indirectly means more members.
    One other thing too. More games also means less incentive for some to actually subscribe. If someone wants to play more than 6 games, say 8 and then gets it without subscribing then they won't subscribe.
  3. San Diego
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 20:51
    I'm decent with business and economics, but have never taken a marketing class, much less a web marketing class. So, I'd be interested to know this: How much revenue does a non-subscriber generate per year, and how much revenue does a subscriber generate? Probably just the sub fee for the subscriber, unless I'm missing something. The formula for the non-sub might be:

Revenue = Advertisement rate (in $/ad) * ads/hit * hits

A hit would be a view of a web page (which can contain ads).

That's very simplistic but is probably the core principle in the matter. Ads/hit would be the hardest part and would likely not be linear, and it would interact with the ad rate.

The marginal cost of an additional account is probably negligible, and the marginal cost of each hosted game is also probably negligible, so it comes down to the marginal revenue generated by each hit.

The more hits a member does, the more ad revenue is generated. Advertisers are willing to pay more to a site when that site gets more page hits.
  4. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 21:461 edit
    Originally posted by HolyT
    I'm decent with business and economics, but have never taken a marketing class, much less a web marketing class. So, I'd be interested to know this: How much revenue does a non-subscriber generate per year, and how much revenue does a subscriber generate? Probably just the sub fee for the subscriber, unless I'm missing something. The formula for the non-sub enerated. Advertisers are willing to pay more to a site when that site gets more page hits.
    I gave up on this issue; they ain't giving no free games.
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 23:48
    I gave up on this issue; they ain't giving no free games.
    They already are 😉
  6. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 23:511 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    They already are 😉
    Not for every X moves. :'(
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 23:58
    ...for every X moves. 😉
    Yup, where X=0 - they give you UNLIMITED free games, only you can only play 6 at a time.

You actually don't have to move at all. You can immediately resign every game and play as many as you want.
  8. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 00:141 edit
    Yup, where X=0 - they give you UNLIMITED free games, only you can only play 6 at a time.

You actually don't have to move at all. You can immediately resign every game and play as many as you want.
    You may not be following the earlier pages of this thread but we are talking about "extra-concurrent-games" for every X moves that a non-subcriber makes in RHP.

Why the hell I wanna resign a game to play another? What's the point in that?

🙄
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 00:26
    You may not be following the earlier pages of this thread but we are talking about [b]"extra-concurrent-games" for every X moves that a non-subcriber makes in RHP.

Why the hell I wanna resign a game to play another? What's the point in that?

🙄[/b]
    You may not be following the parts when I was joking 😉

Although it is true that you get an unlimited number of games for free.
  10. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 00:38
    You may not be following the parts when I was joking 😉
    I sure did. 😉
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 01:30
    I sure did. 😉
    Do you always respond seriously to jokes?
  12. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 05:42
    Do you always respond seriously to jokes?
    Not always.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 09:34
    I'd like a copy of Fritz 9 after I've been a non-sub for 100 years.

I think the lure of an unattainable incentive would really make me stick around.

D
  14. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '07 09:401 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I'd like a copy of Fritz 9 after I've been a non-sub for 100 years.

I think the lure of an unattainable incentive would really make me stick around.

D
    [joking]You can bequeath your account to your grandchild[/joking] right before you die. He/she can attain that incentive. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree