1. Joined
    20 May '04
    Moves
    17274
    08 Sep '09 14:00
    I wish there was a setting to suppress in game messaging. Have the options be "Open" (anybody can message you in game), "Friends Only" and "None". Your setting would be visible to other players, so they wouldn't be able to message you if your setting didn't allow it.

    It would probably make sense to have it work symmetrically: If I only allow messages from friends, I can only message to friends.

    Sometimes you want a friendly game of chess, sometimes you just want a game of chess.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    08 Sep '09 14:49
    Originally posted by alohatiger
    I wish there was a setting to suppress in game messaging. Have the options be "Open" (anybody can message you in game), "Friends Only" and "None". Your setting would be visible to other players, so they wouldn't be able to message you if your setting didn't allow it.

    It would probably make sense to have it work symmetrically: If I only allow message ...[text shortened]...

    Sometimes you want a friendly game of chess, sometimes you just want a game of chess.
    If you have someone on your 'ignore' list they can't send you messages.
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Joined
    04 Sep '04
    Moves
    245624
    08 Sep '09 18:27
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    If you have someone on your 'ignore' list they can't send you messages.
    Yes they can 😛

    Well at the end of the game you can send a GG message.
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    1538
    09 Sep '09 00:50
    Originally posted by alohatiger
    I wish there was a setting to suppress in game messaging. Have the options be "Open" (anybody can message you in game), "Friends Only" and "None". Your setting would be visible to other players, so they wouldn't be able to message you if your setting didn't allow it.

    It would probably make sense to have it work symmetrically: If I only allow message ...[text shortened]...

    Sometimes you want a friendly game of chess, sometimes you just want a game of chess.
    I always want a friendly game of chess the only thing is I don't think I would want anybody else besides the one I'm playing to see the messages.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    09 Sep '09 05:37
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Yes they can 😛

    Well at the end of the game you can send a [b]GG
    message.[/b]
    Not if you in the opponent's ignore, list you cannot.

    Unless there is a glitch in the system...
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    09 Sep '09 11:05
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Yes they can 😛

    Well at the end of the game you can send a [b]GG
    message.[/b]
    They can't - you can. [AFAIK]
  7. Joined
    20 May '04
    Moves
    17274
    09 Sep '09 12:00
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    If you have someone on your 'ignore' list they can't send you messages.
    So I can add "Everybody" to my ignore list?
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    09 Sep '09 17:05
    Originally posted by alohatiger
    So I can add "Everybody" to my ignore list?
    Yes, but you would have to type the individual names in one by one - good luck with that!
  9. Joined
    20 May '04
    Moves
    17274
    10 Sep '09 15:58
    So what you're saying is: the ignore list has nothing to do with the idea I put forward as a new feature?
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    10 Sep '09 16:53
    Originally posted by alohatiger
    So what you're saying is: the ignore list has nothing to do with the idea I put forward as a new feature?
    It does what you are asking....but

    You would have to add each person you played to your ignore list as you start the games. Add them to your 'buddy list' to allow them.

    Not exactly the same as a mass on/off button which I agree might be useful. 🙂
Back to Top