1. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    25 Feb '09 08:371 edit
    What if?

I was sitting here thinking earlier tonight, how neat would it be to go through individual players games, and read there thoughts on each one, right next to the game's history board. It would be a great learning, and teaching tool for players on this site.

My overall proposal:

a.) That players be given an optional Palette after a concluded game to type annotations of the game played.
    b.)Furthermore allow viewing of this annotation, to any player viewing the "Game History" of a game.
    c.)Perhaps allow comments beneath the annotation, but only for subscribers.

Dunno, would be neat however to be able to read what Korch is thinking about in his games. Or to be able to read what Northern Lad is thinking. Furthermore it'd be good to move through previous games of your own, reading your own annotations and being able to view and fix your own mistakes in thought process.

Possibile Neat Feature: The "Notebook" feature in the game be transferred to "Annotations" upon a games completion...therefore allowing annotation DURING game's (This would also help players with large game loads who reach similar positions in their openings often...and it would open up more insight to each games play afterwards).

-GIN
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Feb '09 09:48
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    [b]What if?

I was sitting here thinking earlier tonight, how neat would it be to go through individual players games, and read there thoughts on each one, right next to the game's history board. It would be a great learning, and teaching tool for players on this site.

My overall proposal:

a.) That players be given an optional Palette after a ...[text shortened]... nings often...and it would open up more insight to each games play afterwards).

-GIN[/b]
    Expect something like this soon.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '09 09:54
    Originally posted by Russ
    Jummie!
  4. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    25 Feb '09 11:34
    Great idea. Would love to see a feature like that.
  5. e4
    Moves
    25 Feb '09 16:22
    Good Idea.

Have character restriction though ( a bit like PM's).
    Enourage new analylists to make self clear using few words.
  6. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    26 Feb '09 00:19
    ALSO:
    It may be a good idea to have a rating system for subscribers who enjoy
    the annotations, they can leave ratings as stars next to the games they're viewing, and maybe someday, the games could be searchable this way?
    Just seems like there could really be a future in this aspect if players could select from highly rated games to learn from.

between PCT, and Games Annotation/Analysis RHP would become a very
    good place to help a player progress.

-GIN
  7. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    09 May '09 06:30
    bump.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 May '09 21:09
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    bump.
    No need to bump - this one it on the white board. In big red letters.
  9. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    10 May '09 15:04
    No need to bump - this one it on the white board. In big red letters.
    Russ
    Sorry to add to the workload. Just spotted this one. It would IMHO be better to keep the notes private to the player who made them, until the game is finished.

The reason is simple: I'd like to make notes, including what I think the plans are. I'd rather not give those to my opponent on a plate.

Cheers,
    Gezza
  10. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    10 May '09 20:56
    Originally posted by gezza
    Russ
    Sorry to add to the workload. Just spotted this one. It would IMHO be better to keep the notes private to the player who made them, until the game is finished.

The reason is simple: I'd like to make notes, including what I think the plans are. I'd rather not give those to my opponent on a plate.

Cheers,
    Gezza
    Exactly, the notebook would operate the same. Only after the game was finished, their should
    be an option to make the notebook publishable simply a "Publish as annotations?" after the
    games complete. This would just make it quicker for players who have hundreds of games. (Or
    even just dozens really).

The idea is to make it easier to annotate, so that more players will do it more often.

-GIN

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree