1. Joined
    06 Mar '13
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 18:08
    Why did you change a perfectly good thing??????
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 20:51
    Originally posted by Rambu
    Why did you change a perfectly good thing??????
    Why, just to p|ss you off, of course. 😵

No, it's because the site needed to display better on mobile devices, since more and more people are using those to do their web browsing.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '13
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 00:13
    Would be nice if we could change the size of the board on a mobile device, as you can imagine your fingers are hitting every piece except the chosen one
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 00:26
    Would be nice if we could change the size of the board on a mobile device, as you can imagine your fingers are hitting every piece except the chosen one
    On my Android phone, the board always fills the width of the screen. This is as large as it can possibly be while remaining square. Is it different on your device?
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '13
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 01:28
    On my device, I had the capability of zooming in and out the size of the board, now its just a small square
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 03:50
    On my device, I had the capability of zooming in and out the size of the board, now its just a small square
    What device do you have?
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 07:18
    You have a choice of five board sizes in your MySettings>MyBoardSettings - try them out to see which one is best for your device.
  8. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 11:32
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    You have a choice of five board sizes in your MySettings>MyBoardSettings - try them out to see which one is best for your device.
    That doesn't change anything for me (on iPhone6). Set it on Mini: board is still as large as possible, filling the screen.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '13
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 12:08
    I have an android made by Alcatel, put out by T Mobile. My problem is just the opposite of flower04, no matter what I select the board remains in the mini state!!
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 15:361 edit
    The board size is a "max" preference now, so the board will not scale beyond the currently selected choice. (This is changed from the previous version, where you set the actual board size.)

This is a site setting - so not ideal if you access from different devices where you may want different maximum sizes.

This setting will become a per-device setting, with finer control over the sizes in the very near future. (We will probably add a slider control to set this) Otherwise, the maximum possible board size will continue to be used.
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '13
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 13:07
    That would be a welcome addition!
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 17:34
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Why, just to p|ss you off, of course. 😵

No, it's because the site needed to display better on mobile devices, since more and more people are using those to do their web browsing.
    That's no excuse for making it worse on a proper screen.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 22:04
    Most of us full-size users also play on smaller devices. We lose a few things from our big screen facilities but we also gain better use from our smaller devices. Personally, I grumble because everyone grumbles when things change, but overall I think I'm winning. Life is much more pleasant if one can adapt to new things - I remember saying that I'd never use a microwave ...
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 04:59
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    That's no excuse for making it worse on a proper screen.
    I didn't say it was. I'm sure Russ will use the classic programmer's fallback excuse of "bugs caused by rush to production." Works for me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree