1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 17:15
    I'd enjoy seeing beside the playing board the entire game score, or at least the past few moves. The game score aids my memory of my plans.
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 22:57
    You mean; in the board itself, indicated more past moves with (more) colours just as the previous move is indicated as green currently?
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 04:09
    Near where it shows:

Game status
    !!!! George W Bush can kiss my vs Freethinker's Clan
    In progress
    Last move : c1 - g5
    Move number : 5
    Half moves since last capture/pawn move : 3

I would like to see:

1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3. Nb1c3 c6 4. Ng1f3 Ng8f6 5. Bc1g5
  4. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 09:16
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Near where it shows:

Game status
    In progress

I would like to see:

What's wrong with flipping to the game history and "replay" the last few moves before making your own? Works for me.
  5. West Virginia
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 17:27
    Analysis board too.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 17:33
    Originally posted by stocken
    What's wrong with flipping to the game history and "replay" the last few moves before making your own? Works for me.
    It works for me, too. But I try to determine my move without using the analysis board as much as possible. RHP is principally training for "real" chess--OTB.
  7. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 20:37
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Near where it shows:

Game status
    In progress

I would like to see:

I like this idea. I have recently started putting in my last move in the game notes, but this would be much more convenient, saving space in the notes and time switching from screen to screen.
  8. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 18:39
    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/gamescore.user.js
  9. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 21:091 edit
    I've removed this script for the time being as it is not very performance minded. Every call to the game page will call a second page to get the PGN. I would ask that anyone who is using to please disable it for the time being while I come up with a better implementation. (Calling a second page for the PGN is valid if you always do it manually yourself but I doubt that is the case.)
  10. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 14:001 edit
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    I've removed this script for the time being as it is not very performance minded. Every call to the game page will call a second page to get the PGN. I would ask that anyone who is using to please disable it for the time being while I come up with a better implementation. (Calling a second page for the PGN is valid if you always do it manually yourself but I doubt that is the case.)
    Okay, new version available. There are some limitations. To avoid calling the server for the PGN all the time, the script makes an initial fetch of the PGN and then stores it locally. When a move is noted, the script creates the next move and adds it to the game score. This means that if you make moves on multiple computers, the game score will get out of sync. If I had access to a server with server-side scripting ability, we could store the PGN to that server and optimize the storage/retrieval so that this wouldn't be an issue.

When using the script for the first time, the server will be hit twice, once for the game board and once for the PGN, so be gentle. 🙂
  11. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 15:10
    http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/gamescore.user.js

Fix for pawn promotion problem. I don't get to promote pawns often so the problem didn't show up until now. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree