1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 09:07
    I believe a limit should be introduced as per how many games a member can have in progress at any one time. A certain member here has 344 games in progress, that player is also entered in every tournament going and even the ones that haven't started yet, the game load is slowing the player down to the extent that it is spoiling the events for others, for example in one tournament 29 of the 48 entrants have completed all their six games, whilst this particular member has played only eleven moves, the whole tournament will grind to a halt waiting for this person to finish, the same is true for all other tournaments he/she has entered.
  2. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 09:34
    Originally posted by Yozzer
    I believe a limit should be introduced as per how many games a member can have in progress at any one time. A certain member here has 344 games in progress, that player is also entered in every tournament going and even the ones that haven't started yet, the game load is slowing the player down to the extent that it is spoiling the events for others, for exa ...[text shortened]... aiting for this person to finish, the same is true for all other tournaments he/she has entered.
    I disagree. The player in question is well within their rights to take the full amount of time per move that they are allowed. In other words, a 3 day time out game with no timebank could last 4 months for 20 moves (40 half moves). A longer game (50 moves) could take almost a year.

This is part of the rules.

3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 10:19
    I can't argue with the rules, that is not my inention, a 3 day time bank allows you to take three days obviously, but it does not mean that you 'have' to take three days and then only make one move in that game even though you are on-line all day. If a particular person intends to move as slow as is allowed, then why does that person take on or be allowed to take on a 344 game load.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 10:38
    then why does that person take on or be allowed to take on a 344 game load.
    Because they can.
  5. London
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 16:22
    that is the whole incentive of subscription, that when you do subscribe you can have as many or as few games as you please...people like dustin rogers can handle 800 games at a time and people like trains44 like to have 3 at a time. as for the time limitations they enter that tournament fully aware of the time restrictions and as long as they comply with them, then opponants can have nothing to complain about.

fred
  6. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    28 Feb '05 21:49
    A certain member here has 344 games in progress, that player is also entered in every tournament going and even the ones that haven't started yet.
    Can you please explain me how the guy entered tournaments that already started?
    Tell me,I also want to enter in already going tournaments,if possible in the final round!😉
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 06:34
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Can you please explain me how the guy entered tournaments that already started?
    Tell me,I also want to enter in already going tournaments,if possible in the final round!😉
    Can you please explain to me how to read my post to come to such a conclusion?.
  8. Under Cover
    Moves
    01 Mar '05 08:04
    Can you please explain to me how to read my post to come to such a conclusion?.
    I think he's referring to "and even the ones that haven't started yet". He's making a joke. Laugh, it's funny.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 23:46
    I believe a limit should be introduced as per how many games a member can have in progress at any one time. A certain member here has 344 games in progress, that player is also entered in every tournament going and even the ones that haven't started yet, the game load is slowing the player down to the extent that it is spoiling the events for others, for exa ...[text shortened]... aiting for this person to finish, the same is true for all other tournaments he/she has entered.
    here is a limit it is 9,999 LOL.
  10. Standard membergumbie
    The man himself
    Totally lost
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 00:52
    FYI there is a rule limiting clan membership to three clans per subscriber.

The vast majority of people who were in more than three clans before the rule was implemented left some clans to abide by the rule.

There are many more reasons for clan membership limitation than game limitation.
  11. Northern Virginia
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 18:51
    If there is a general discontent with the disruption caused by this person (or such people), a better option (than game limits) is to create tournaments with one-day timeouts rather than three. One day is a reasonable limit given a seven-day time bank to draw upon.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 19:01
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    here is a limit it is 9,999 LOL.
    With 9,999.

If you had that many games and they were all 21 day games, you would have to move 477 a day.

I say have 500 games at 21 days and move 25 times a day.
  13. London
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 20:19
    Originally posted by gumbie
    FYI there is a rule limiting clan membership to three clans per subscriber.

The vast majority of people who were in more than three clans before the rule was implemented left some clans to abide by the rule.

There are many more reasons for clan membership limitation than game limitation.
    three clans per subscriber...but four if you are a leader of one..as talem16 is...and me, which is why i am 4 clans!

fred

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree