1. Joined
    19 Jun '04
    Moves
    2930
    07 Jul '06 17:204 edits
    ATTENTION RUSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    There is a thread (in GENERAL FORUM - thread name " word association game " ) having more than 31000 posts running into more than 2100 pages. How can you go to say 1003 rd page of this thread within 15 seconds? Can a box be provided where one types in the page- no and clicks to go straight to that page?


    Similarly some forums have thread-list running into 50 plus pages. Can a similar facility be provided so that one can go to the desired page no. of the thread list with a single click?
  2. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Joined
    12 Oct '05
    Moves
    42015
    07 Jul '06 17:34
    Originally posted by cosmic voice
    ATTENTION RUSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    There is a thread (in GENERAL FORUM - thread name " word association game " ) having more than 31000 posts running into more than 2100 pages. How can you go to say 1003 rd page of this thread within 15 seconds? Can a box be provided where one types in the page- no and cli ...[text shortened]... that one can go to the desired page no. of the thread list with a single click?
    why would you want to?
  3. Joined
    19 Jun '04
    Moves
    2930
    07 Jul '06 17:513 edits
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    why would you want to?
    HMM....

    It is my hunch that 1003 rd page contains something cool and interesting....and auspicious for me..
    For you it may be 1705 th page.....who knows?
    It is boring with the present system of moving one page at a time...

    At this pace you will take six hours to get to your "hunchy" and auspicious page...... of the thread.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    07 Jul '06 18:41
    Originally posted by cosmic voice
    ATTENTION RUSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    There is a thread (in GENERAL FORUM - thread name " word association game " ) having more than 31000 posts running into more than 2100 pages. How can you go to say 1003 rd page of this thread within 15 seconds? Can a box be provided where one types in the page- no and cli ...[text shortened]... that one can go to the desired page no. of the thread list with a single click?
    Go to 2nd page. In the link in the address box, change the 2 to 1003.

    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=16193&page=2

    D
  5. B is for bye bye
    Joined
    09 Apr '06
    Moves
    27526
    07 Jul '06 19:00
    Originally posted by cosmic voice
    ATTENTION RUSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    There is a thread (in GENERAL FORUM - thread name " word association game " ) having more than 31000 posts running into more than 2100 pages. How can you go to say 1003 rd page of this thread within 15 seconds? Can a box be provided where one types in the page- no and cli ...[text shortened]... that one can go to the desired page no. of the thread list with a single click?
    Why are you so interested in mash potatoes or prostitutes?
  6. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Joined
    12 Oct '05
    Moves
    42015
    07 Jul '06 19:29
    Originally posted by cosmic voice
    HMM....

    It is my hunch that 1003 rd page contains something cool and interesting....and auspicious for me..
    For you it may be 1705 th page.....who knows?
    It is boring with the present system of moving one page at a time...

    At this pace you will take six hours to get to your "hunchy" and auspicious page...... of the thread.
    Fair enough, can't really argue with that.


    As rags said, you can get to the page by altering the thread link, but just for you


    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=16193&page=1003

    That'll take you to the 1003rd page of that particular thread 🙂
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    07 Jul '06 19:33
    Originally posted by Gastel
    Why are you so interested in mash potatoes or prostitutes?
    Note to self, don't view page 1003.

    P-
  8. Joined
    30 Oct '04
    Moves
    2295
    08 Jul '06 16:285 edits
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Go to 2nd page. In the link in the address box, change the 2 to 1003.

    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=16193&page=2

    D
    D...is for ?

    Damn the dumb ones?
  9. Joined
    19 Jun '04
    Moves
    2930
    08 Jul '06 16:542 edits
    Originally posted by CoolPlayer
    D...is for ?

    Damn the dumb ones?
    smarties be damned...
    There is room in this forum for mere mortals like me too
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    12 Jul '06 18:26
    Originally posted by CoolPlayer
    D...is for ?

    Damn the dumb ones?
    It took you 5 edits to write 7 words??
Back to Top