1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 15:181 edit
    when you win or lose a game the box is red. i think when you win the box should be GREEN ( you know, one of the secondary colors )
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 15:54
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    when you win or lose a game the box is red. i think when you win the box should be GREEN ( you know, one of the secondary colors )
    Green is a primary colour.
  3. ALG
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 17:59
    Why green? Blue would be better; draws yellow and we use all primary colours
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 18:06
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    Why green? Blue would be better; draws yellow and we use all primary colours
    Black is also a primary color. You cannot represent black by mixing other colors on a screen.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 18:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Black is also a primary color. You cannot represent black by mixing other colors on a screen.
    What defines a colour?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 18:22
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What defines a colour?
    It's a scientific question. An interesting one.
    It has to do with human perception about photons with various wavelengths.

Wikipedia says:
    "Color or colour is the visual perceptual property corresponding in humans to the categories called red, yellow, blue and others. Color derives from the spectrum of light (distribution of light energy versus wavelength) interacting in the eye with the spectral sensitivities of the light receptors. Color categories and physical specifications of color are also associated with objects, materials, light sources, etc., based on their physical properties such as light absorption, reflection, or emission spectra."
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 18:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    It's a scientific question. An interesting one.
    It has to do with human perception about photons with various wavelengths.

Wikipedia says:
    "Color or colour is the visual perceptual property corresponding in humans to the categories called red, yellow, blue and others. Color derives from the spectrum of light (distribution of light energy versus wav ...[text shortened]... ased on their physical properties such as light absorption, reflection, or emission spectra."
    So what is the wavelength interval of black? πŸ˜‰
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 18:52
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So what is the wavelength interval of black? πŸ˜‰
    Wikipedia says this about the subtractive color model:

"A subtractive color model explains the mixing of paints, dyes, inks, and natural colorants to create a range of colors, where each such color is caused by the mixture absorbing some wavelengths of light and reflecting others. The color that an opaque object appears to have is based on what parts of the electromagnetic spectrum are reflected by it, or by what parts of the spectrum are not absorbed."

But, as the screen is not started from white, but from black it is not the subtractive color model we would use, but the additive color model. As Wikipedia says:

"An additive color model involves light emitted directly from a source or illuminant of some sort. The additive reproduction process usually uses red, green and blue light to produce the other colors. See also RGB color model. Combining one of these additive primary colors with another in equal amounts produces the additive secondary colors cyan, magenta, and yellow. Combining all three primary lights (colors) in equal intensities produces white."

So perhaps I should say in my first posting of this thread:
    "White is also a primary color."
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 21:04
    green is a secondary color. you mix yellow and blue and you get green. it takes TWO things to make ONE green...hence...it is a secondary color. this is clear to all but the lilliputians of delft which you must be.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Jan '09 21:23
    green is a secondary color. you mix yellow and blue and you get green. it takes TWO things to make ONE green...hence...it is a secondary color. this is clear to all but the lilliputians of delft which you must be.
    With computers, Green is a primary color.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_color

(See additive primaries)
  11. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    20 Jan '09 15:06
    EVEN Gulliver knew how to use the "Reply & Quote" system...

😞
  12. e4
    Moves
    21 Jan '09 01:13
    Green and Red boxes - that's childish.

How about a πŸ™‚ for a win.

a 😳 for a loss.

a 😴 for a draw.

a 😏 if your win is v a higher graded oppoent.

a 😠 if you lose to a lower graded opponent.
  13. The sky
    Moves
    21 Jan '09 02:09
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Green and Red boxes - that's childish.

How about a πŸ™‚ for a win.

a 😳 for a loss.

a 😴 for a draw.

a 😏 if your win is v a higher graded oppoent.

a 😠 if you lose to a lower graded opponent.
    a 😲 for a loss due to a horrible blunder

a πŸ™„ for a resignation in a won position

a 😞 for a stalemate

a πŸ˜€ for a win due to the opponent getting banned
  14. e4
    Moves
    21 Jan '09 09:21
    That's the idea.....I've rec's yours....
  15. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 18:23
    πŸ˜‰ A win due to opponent agreeing to throw the game in return for "favours", if you know what I mean...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree