1. Joined
    15 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 14:50
    for a subscriber on this site you get few benefits, other sites like chess cube has a great interface, chess.com has many many benefits and also play chess com, what new features would you like to see here as part of a subscription?

Eg free game analysis, videos, etc🙄
  2. e4
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 15:071 edit
    I'd like to see a Forum called 'Site Ideas' where suggestions like could be posted.
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 15:09
    Originally posted by moggybogg
    for a subscriber on this site you get few benefits, other sites like chess cube has a great interface, chess.com has many many benefits and also play chess com, what new features would you like to see here as part of a subscription?

Eg free game analysis, videos, etc🙄
    take it to site ideas forum, spanky.

anyway, I'd hate it if rhp 'evolved' into the messy, cluttered, spamming concoction chess.com has become. I tried it, didn't like it. keep things simple and functional, please.
  4. Joined
    15 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 15:30
    tried in that forum no real bites
  5. Joined
    15 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 15:35
    havnt experienced the spamming etc just all the features look good and good priced all you get here is games forum and a blitz beta not much really a few games and a bit of hot air really, and if its about chess it can go this forum ha
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 16:07
    Originally posted by moggybogg
    havnt experienced the spamming etc just all the features look good and good priced all you get here is games forum and a blitz beta not much really a few games and a bit of hot air really, and if its about chess it can go this forum ha
    your post is not chess. it's a site improvement suggestion. hence it belongs to 'site ideas' forum, where people interested in such things can discuss it. I'm not. and apparently not many care there either if you don't get discussion.

here it's spam, and pissing off everybody who wants to read about chess.

this is 'only chess', so stick to it. do not litter.
  7. Joined
    15 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 22:58
    its here now, if you dont want to read it or comment then dont
    The forums not called only games of chess or playing chess, your pissing out semantics to try to strengthen your view.

Rhp is a very basic site offering a very basic service and there is better value for money out there, still i do like playing here its ok
  8. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 00:58
    Originally posted by wormwood
    your post is not chess. it's a site improvement suggestion. hence it belongs to 'site ideas' forum, where people interested in such things can discuss it. I'm not. and apparently not many care there either if you don't get discussion.

here it's spam, and pissing off everybody who wants to read about chess.

this is 'only chess', so stick to it. do not litter.
    You're kind of acting the prat here. I think that a thread discussing features of a chess site in the "only chess" forum is a good idea. I'm mostly just bothered by your "tone"
  9. The Smoke
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 01:12
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    I think that a thread discussing features of a chess site in the "only chess" forum is a good idea.
    yes, unless there was NOT a dedicated forum already, aptly named 'Site Ideas'..
  10. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 01:43
    Originally posted by Renars
    yes, unless there was NOT a dedicated forum already, aptly named 'Site Ideas'..
    Did the op propose a new feature/function? It sound to me like the op is asking what features others expect from a chess site or things they like. I don't recall anything specific being requested or a new idea. I find the admin here act to slowly ie gamesexplorer, fixing tournament entries, and other site improvements. Blitz is still beta. I dropped my sub recently because I'm moving to a different site that I like better, read more responsive admins. Russ and Cris both used to respond when problems were raised or give ques as to whats in development. They seem to have fallen off the map and update very sporadically. Forum modding became a divisive joke and pushed some members from the site, and Russ didn't really act on it. I messaged him with thoughts on the matter and he did respond weeks later to say the mods do what the mods do. I did like this site the best, but competition has stepped up and give a better product. Read through some of the threads and you can see what people want. Updated database, manipulate pgn and board, rated blitz, ratings floors, faster action removing cheats, banned player list, clan ranking changes, club message and tournaments functionality, modding changes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree