1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 11:01
    I have reached a point where I have decided that a lot of core RHP code that has previously been ring fenced (because it is absolutely reliable) needs to be replaced. I am hitting a few limitations imposed by this inflexible early code that is preventing further innovation.

The current plan is to re-write some of the first code ever written for this site (from Jan/Feb 2001!!!). This is quite high risk (understatement), so all the new code will be tested on a 2nd site, and then rolled back into RHP once I am comfortable the new code is 100% stable. This is a mammoth job, so no time frames, but it is essential for future growth of the site.

I still have a massive to-do list for RHP already, and I will try to finally get some of the unreleased things out of the door sooner rather than later. (Conditional moves, I am thinking of you.) But if I go a little quiet over the next few months with regard to new features, this is the reason.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 11:52
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have reached a point where I have decided that a lot of core RHP code that has previously been ring fenced (because it is absolutely reliable) needs to be replaced. I am hitting a few limitations imposed by this inflexible early code that is preventing further innovation.

The current plan is to re-write some of the first code ever written for this site (f ...[text shortened]... if I go a little quiet over the next few months with regard to new features, this is the reason.
    Are you rewriting the rules of chess code too, Russ? Then, can you think of us Fischer Random friends as well?
    Can you include proper PGN's for thematic tournaments too?

I have the highest confident of you, Russ...
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 11:56
    Fischer Random will be supported.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 11:59
    Oh... 🙂
  5. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 15:33
    lol, rec'd
  6. e4
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 21:271 edit
    I'd like to see the pgn game mover work from a set-up position
    rather than just the from start of a game....Please.
  7. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    18 Sep '08 18:22

The current plan is to re-write some of the first code ever written for this site (f ...[text shortened]... if I go a little quiet over the next few months with regard to new features, this is the reason.
    Ever thought of hireing an underling? It could cut your workload so you could focus your energies bringing us more sooner.😀 More more more
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    18 Sep '08 18:30
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    wrecked
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '08 23:10
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Why?
  10. e4
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 00:37
    So you can set-up a study/problem/combination/cheapo.

Ask the RHP reader to have a go at solving it and then click on
    'forward' to see if they got right.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 13:16
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Ever thought of hireing an underling? It could cut your workload so you could focus your energies bringing us more sooner.😀 More more more
    With a rebel yell cheshirecatstevens cried, "more! More! More!"
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 20:49
    Bug house chess? 🙂
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 20:56
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    With a rebel yell cheshirecatstevens cried, "more! More! More!"
    ow i love that song, but white wedding is even better
  14. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 18:40
    bump
  15. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 18:46

This is the most promising thread yet in site ideas. But, hey, where are the updates ? 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree