1. Joined
    06 Dec '01
    Moves
    76300
    23 Jan '05 08:26
    hey. there shoudl be a thing in your profile saying what the highest rating ever acheived by you/someone else is. its useful to know, especially for those who fluctuate in rating a lot.
  2. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    212061
    23 Jan '05 10:36
    I'm sure this has been asked for brfore but it takes up too much space, it would be equally interesting to have an average rating too.
  3. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Joined
    21 Jun '04
    Moves
    15034
    23 Jan '05 10:57
    i remember querying why the full graoh was not displayed on profiles once upon a time, the reason for that was taking up too much server magic.

    i cant imagine that merely having a little text line saying what the highest ever score schieved is (and perhaps the date seeing as we're asking)
  4. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    58336
    23 Jan '05 11:22
    If you know what it is you can type yourself as part of your profile 🙂

    Andrew
  5. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    72459
    23 Jan '05 12:382 edits
    I reached 2000 yesterday, which was nice as it was a number that I had set myself as a personal goal and it's been tough. I have to admit I was helped by a few lucky time outs against some high rated players.

    24 hours later my rating has dropped back down to 1978, this is because I resigned the remaining games from a lost tournament (I was in lost positions in each game too).

    I know you can work it out from the 300 game graph, but I agree it would be handy to hold a player's highest ever rating on their profile.
  6. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    39731
    24 Jan '05 12:27
    Originally posted by Exy
    I reached 2000 yesterday, which was nice as it was a number that I had set myself as a personal goal and it's been tough. I have to admit I was helped by a few lucky time outs against some high rated players.

    24 hours later my rating has dropped back down to 1978, this is because I resigned the remaining games from a lost tournament (I was in lost positio ...[text shortened]... e graph, but I agree it would be handy to hold a player's highest ever rating on their profile.
    I agree, your highest rating should a benchmark for you to aspire to beat, and it should be on your profile page. It's a great idea and it's a further incentive for players to improve their games.
  7. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Joined
    18 Aug '03
    Moves
    54533
    25 Jan '05 09:501 edit
    i disagree ... highest rating does not mean a lot .....

    if i am a 1500 player .... and start 100 new games, and play slower in the games where i am losing, and refuse to resign any until the last possible moment ....

    then my rating will artificially shoot up to 2000 points ... as i take the wins ... temporarily ... and then plummet to 1000 ... when i accept the losses.

    having highest rating ever in your profile will encourage people to do this ... this chess site is better without "highest rating EVER".

    there will be more meaningful figures to indicate ....
    i propose: highest average rating over a period of 100 finished games .... but, i do not know if this involves a lot of computation time.
  8. Standard memberohfreak
    El Freak0
    NW GD Ohio
    Joined
    29 Dec '03
    Moves
    9600
    25 Jan '05 14:30
    Sure folks may attempt to artificially improve their ratings - they have to live with themselves and the knowledge that their rating is a sham.

    For those who don't engage in such manipulation it would be nifty to have a highest-rating figger.
  9. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    72459
    25 Jan '05 19:19
    Originally posted by flexmore
    i disagree ... highest rating does not mean a lot .....

    if i am a 1500 player .... and start 100 new games, and play slower in the games where i am losing, and refuse to resign any until the last possible moment ....

    then my rating will artificially shoot up to 2000 points ... as i take the wins ... temporarily ... and then plummet to 1000 ... when i ...[text shortened]... period of 100 finished games .... but, i do not know if this involves a lot of computation time.
    Flex, you've persuaded me that highest ever rating is a bad idea. What would be a good idea is player's average rating across all their completed games - this would really help to offset time out wins/losses.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    26 Jan '05 00:44
    Originally posted by Exy
    Flex, you've persuaded me that highest ever rating is a bad idea. What would be a good idea is player's [b]average rating across all their completed games - this would really help to offset time out wins/losses.[/b]
    How would u allow for the initial climb from 1200 to the players normal rating? I'd say its taken me about 150 (3 quarters) games to reach what seems to be my rating, so this average across all my games would be pretty meaningless. Obviously, its a different story for somebody like yourself who's played a load of games.

    D
Back to Top