1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 18:49
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I certainly got that!

There are others of us, who do enjoy Grampy Bobbys posts, so you are not hearing about the people who do enjoy his posts, although sometimes contraversal, and perhaps not everyones cup of tea.

I have only saw about a few people in forums actually complain. In your opinion Grampy Bobby is not worthy of 7 threads. So now people a ...[text shortened]... of how many threads? Next will it be on who can post so many times?

I know you got that. 😉
    No, you don't enjoy them. It's a ruse!
  2. The sky
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 18:55
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Why not give him his own forum? Why not start his own clan and post his voluminous posts there.
    Actually that's not a bad idea at all; just make it a club instead of a clan, so that everybody who wants to can join. Then Grampy can post as many threads as he wants to without annoying lots of people, and everybody who enjoys his threads can still read them by joining the club. Of course that doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to post in the public fora at all, just that the General forum wouldn't be flooded with threads by one person, drowning most of the rest.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 18:57
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    No, you don't enjoy them. It's a ruse!
    So, now you are going to decide what I enjoy and don't enjoy. *Sighs*

Many are very funny, some make you think, some really apply to all of us at RHP.

Yes, I really do enjoy them, no ruse, I would never try to trick you.

Perhaps talk to Grampy Bobby in P.M., and come to an agreement on the amount of threads he should post in a forum per day? He is very easy to talk to.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:014 edits
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Actually that's not a bad idea at all; just make it a club instead of a clan, so that everybody who wants to can join. Then Grampy can post as many threads as he wants to without annoying lots of people, and everybody who enjoys his threads can still read them by joining the club. Of course that doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to post in the public fora ...[text shortened]... the General forum wouldn't be flooded with threads by one person, drowning most of the rest.
    Then what do we do with other considered annoying posters, make them start their own Club also? I think that is just ridiculous, it appears you want to get rid of a poster from the forum. Who are we to decide who should post in the Forums and who shouldn't, just because it annoys us.

Anyone can get 20 or so people together who have been here for a period of time to agree on something, that is quite easy to do! I could almost pretty well do that, and hell who likes me. 😉

You know the iggy thingy we have for ignoring someone in a game or so they can't P.M. you...Well in the place I was a mod at users could also iggy any user on the site if you did not want to see what they were saying. I don't know how much tech stuff would be involved in that, but it would ceratinly be something to look at.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:12
    VR, would you be upset if me, Noodles, and say 3 other posters started 7 new threads a day?

Be honest.

P-
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:23
    VR, would you be upset if me, Noodles, and say 3 other posters started 7 new threads a day?

Be honest.

P-
    I would say: if one person can do it then everyone can do it!

You know my motto is "Treat everyone equally"

I mean you have to have some time on your hands to be able to even accomplish that, plus make your chess moves, answer your p.m.'s etc.,

I am sure after a period of time, I would probably P.M. the one I figured I would be most likely to get an answer from and ask what was going on!

I think Grampy Bobby uses the internet, mainly (RHP) to fill in a gap, of a personal loss, in his own life. I really do think speaking with him in P.M. about limiting the threads per day would actually solve the problem, that some subscribers may have with him.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:31
    I would say: if one person can do it then everyone can do it!

You know my motto is "Treat everyone equally"

I mean you have to have some time on your hands to be able to even accomplish that, plus make your chess moves, answer your p.m.'s etc.,

I am sure after a period of time, I would probably P.M. the one I figured I would be most likely to ge ...[text shortened]... he threads per day would actually solve the problem, that some subscribers may have with him.
    Well, that's the thing. Many users have shown they don't appreciate GB using the PUBLIC forum as his own private soap-box or whatever you would call it. People have the right to complain when someone is abusing a public feature.

Perhaps you missed this discussion last time, I've told this story before.

When I first came to RHP I posted VERY OFTEN. I later realized it was TOO OFTEN when people started complaining about me and some other users using the public forums as our personal chat area.

Just took a few people to point this out and I realized I was upsetting a few users I actually respected and enjoyed reading.

Gramps has proven unable to 'learn' that what he's doing is using the public forms for his own entertainment. If he can't do something about it on his own, he should be moved to his own forum where the public doesn't need to weed through post after post by this single user.

P-
  8. The sky
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:35
    Then what do we do with other considered annoying posters, make them start their own Club also? I think that is just ridiculous, it appears you want to get rid of a poster from the forum.
    As I said, he wouldn't be banned from posting in public. He just wouldn't completely dominate the General forum. Now maybe Grampy enjoys annoying people, but I find that unlikely. I find it more likely that he just enjoys posting and seeing that some people enjoy his threads. I know that if I were in the same situation, wanting to post a lot, but seeing that I get lots of negative reactions, I'd be happy to find a solution that lets me post as much as I want and correspond with those interested in the stuff I write without annoying lots of other people to the point that they don't enjoy the forum much anymore. And personally I might even enjoy a Grampy thread once in a while, I just got totally fed up with them. Anyway, "we" don't "make" him or other posters who would like to start so many threads that they would flood the public fora do anything, it's a suggestion that I believe to be in the interest of most people involved. He can take it or leave it.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:37
    Well, that's the thing. Many users have shown they don't appreciate GB using the PUBLIC forum as his own private soap-box or whatever you would call it. People have the right to complain when someone is abusing a public feature.

Perhaps you missed this discussion last time, I've told this story before.

When I first came to RHP I posted VERY OFTEN. ...[text shortened]... where the public doesn't need to weed through post after post by this single user.

P-
    In all honesty I can't speak for Grampy Bobby.

I am sure if you P.M.'d and discussed this with him, it would solve the problem.

I don't have the authority to P.M. Grampy Bobby and tell him what he should or shouldn't do, I am only another poster same as he is only probably lower on the popular vote.

I was in your shoes, I would P.M. him and discuss it with him personally!
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:401 edit
    As I said, he wouldn't be banned from posting in public. He just wouldn't completely dominate the General forum. Now maybe Grampy enjoys annoying people, but I find that unlikely. I find it more likely that he just enjoys posting and seeing that some people enjoy his threads. I know that if I were in the same situation, wanting to post a lot, but seeing that t I believe to be in the interest of most people involved. He can take it or leave it.
    I am going to tell you the same as I told Phlabs, and yes I understand the situation completely.

Have you ever P.M.'d him and had a heart to heart talk with him about it, you sound like a very logical person who can put your point across very nicely?

It just might help!!
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:40
    In all honesty I can't speak for Grampy Bobby.

I am sure if you P.M.'d and discussed this with him, it would solve the problem.

I don't have the authority to P.M. Grampy Bobby and tell him what he should or shouldn't do, I am only another poster same as he is only probably lower on the popular vote.

I was in your shoes, I would P.M. him and discuss it with him personally!
    What makes you think I didn't?

P-
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:431 edit
    What makes you think I didn't?

P-
    I was assuming you didn't, I really don't know for sure that you didn't.

I was assuming that GB would listen to your concerns, and then act accordingly, he takes me as that type of person, from my conversations with him. He is one of the kindest, caring, men I have met.
    He takes the shots at him way better, than I ever would for sure!

Have you P.M.'d him and discussed it?
  13. The sky
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:47
    I am going to tell you the same as I told Phlabs, and yes I understand the situation completely.

Have you ever P.M.'d him and had a heart to heart talk with him about it, you sound like a very logical person who can put your point across very nicely?

It just might help!!
    The solution with a club only just occurred to me (thanks to cheshirecatstevens' suggestion). I'll send him a link to this thread.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:492 edits
    The solution with a club only just occurred to me (thanks to cheshirecatstevens' suggestion). I'll send him a link to this thread.
    So, I will take that as a "no", you never did P.M. him and discuss it!

That is an idea.

Sometimes, things can be very easily solved, we just make them more difficult than they are. Yes, I am probably just as guilty as anyone else in that isssue.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 19:51
    So, I will take that as a "no", you never did P.M. him and discuss it!

That is an idea.
    Why do you assume so much?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree