1. Home
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 22:10
    I believe you should not be allowed to move while your flag is up, and before putting it up you must set hove many days it will be up. Once the time is set the you can not remove it until the time has expired. This will stop most misuse of the flag. No longer can people just put it up to avoid playing unwanted game, they whould have to stop playing all games than.
    Again the flag will mean something to people and will aquire much more respect.
  2. Joined
    16 Jun '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 22:31
    I think that subscribers should get one week vacation a year and cant be timed out during vacation and you have to use it at least 3 days at a time. of course it wouldnt apply to tournament games.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 22:38
    Originally posted by Starryknight14
    I think that subscribers should get one week vacation a year and cant be timed out during vacation and you have to use it at least 3 days at a time. of course it wouldnt apply to tournament games.
    Why?
  4. Joined
    16 Jun '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 02:16
    i meant to say vacation flag.........
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 03:40
    i meant to say vacation flag.........
    Why?
  6. Standard memberHegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    London
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 08:41
    I get four weeks vacation a year where I work. If I hadn't resigned I might have got promoted and then I would have had 5 weeks a year vacation. A week just will not do it for me.
  7. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 11:092 edits
    I agree with you has been covered also under a post heading 'holidays and timeouts' but I have now realized that this site is for players that do not want this (either they don't like to take holidays or they holday where internet access is always available AND they are content to play chess in an internet cafe rather than spend their holiday time with their partner). So the answer is simple....find a site which does allow this and play with players like minded who appreciate this facility. Everyone is entitled to their preferences, no one is wrong it's just that this site is for those who do not want this and as it's their (the majority) site who are we to argue or complain.
  8. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 20:21
    Originally posted by blindcheesecake
    I believe you should not be allowed to move while your flag is up, and before putting it up you must set hove many days it will be up. Once the time is set the you can not remove it until the time has expired. This will stop most misuse of the flag. No longer can people just put it up to avoid playing unwanted game, they whould have to stop playing all games than.
    Again the flag will mean something to people and will aquire much more respect.
    If I go to the trouble to find an internet cafe whilst on holiday - I will move when I get there, thanks.

On the hand if I can't be bothered to find an internet cafe, I will not worry if my rating falls.

There is no problem with the current status quo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree