1. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 03:10
    If they pay the fee, then they should be able to post without ever making a move. if you want to add that caveat.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 04:02
    Originally posted by badmoon
    If they pay the fee, then they should be able to post without ever making a move. if you want to add that caveat.
    Good point. I assumed this was about non-sub scums.
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 05:15
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Good point. I assumed this was about non-sub scums.
    Here we go again....it's more likely for someone to troll if they don't invest money into the site, not saying that subs don't troll, but it seems that anyone can make any number of accounts (non-sub) and cause mayhem without much recourse atall.

If someone pays their subscription then the right to post should be afforded them, if they then go on to troll or get themselves banned, it is less likely that they will pay all over again to do it again. I and most of us subs appreciate the position of non-subs like yourselves who have become respected members of the site in their own right, but i sure wish you wouldn't be so darn precious about your status.

Yeah there is non-sub bashing, but that doesn't change the underlying truths about the flippance of some non-sub account holders.....no investment, no recourse.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 13:24
    Very sorry - I really thought this was mainly to prevent non-subscribers from re-enlisting as soon as they were banned. [You'll see I was in favour of the idea btw]
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 14:34
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Very sorry - I really thought this was mainly to prevent non-subscribers from re-enlisting as soon as they were banned. [You'll see I was in favour of the idea btw]
    oops, my bad....as you were 😳
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 17:27
    Originally posted by ExpressiveOutburst
    I am putting this here for Irax and also for me as I agree with him! He thinks that people should have a period that they have to play chess before they can post in the forums, and I agree! Irax said that they should play their 5games first and then be allowed to post, but maybe that should be 20games?

Opinions?
    Crappy idea. There are problemists like David113 who don't play games on the server, yet contribute to the Puzzles forum. If people are just interested in the forums, why should we turn them away? More participation is a good thing.
  7. Joined
    22 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 19:28
    i know .. anybody who spots a troll should be given a special badge that they can flaunt beside their name
    ( and then they can swap it for points, or get a bye into the next round, or be made a lord-commander, or something ) .. 😉
  8. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 07:44
    i say instead of games, make it 100 or 200 moves... although i agree with the fact that pple would like to use just the forum, but then again, why bother singing up if you are not going to play? ->> humble opinion of a non-subsc
  9. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 13:30
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    I reckon it's a rubbish idea.

You'd be punishing and limiting ALL the new starters just to spite a few trolls and spammers and even if it was to be implemented it would only delay the usual suspects for a few days. IMO the community is backbone of this site and setting up an 'initiation' like this would only stifle it.
    Quite agree, totally bad idea and hopefully will not be implemented.

Move numbers and games numbers could be achieved in less than a day quite easily even for those with just 6 games.

They start 6 games with a 1/0 timebank. They message opponent in game that they like fast games and are really good so will win by checkmate within 15 moves. If they can't and the game has been played fast they will resign.

Hey presto fast games, and lots of games/moves in a short space of time, since the opponent is looking at easy wins if they can avoid checkmate for 15 moves.
  10. Joined
    22 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 22:06
    a few minutes ago, some dill offered a game to 'subscribers only'
    .. oh dear, what are we missing ? .. boo hoo !
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 21:29
    Bad idea.

Deal with the trolls the old fashioned way: Ignore them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree