1. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    09 May '08 03:18
    Originally posted by uzless
    When a post receives a rec, there should be a way of identifying who recc'd it.

I'm thinking maybe a text box or something that pops up when you put your mouse over the " X reccomendations" at the top of the post. Or even just a list of the recc'ers at the top of the post.

This would allow a way of deciding whether the rec is really worth reading based on the people who have recc'd it.
    Why not just form your own opinion? If you don't like the long posts then recs probably aren't going to change that. The rest should be short enough that you could read or not read them regardless of the recs.
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 May '08 07:131 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Obvious to me anyone who is not quite in agreement with you or others in your circle seem to be paranoid, morons, idiots, or in violation of one of the TOS rules.

When a Moderator or Moderators can try and belittle people, tell people they don't like them etc., how can they be non-bias in their moderation... Paranoid alright...All one has to do is loo

You will be happy to know, I will not be posting very much any more in the Public forums.
    Rusty, if you're not going to be here, please say which forum you will be posting in. How are we supposed to know which club to join?
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 May '08 08:54
    Obvious to me anyone who is not quite in agreement with you or others in your circle seem to be paranoid, morons, idiots, or in violation of one of the TOS rules.

When a Moderator or Moderators can try and belittle people, tell people they don't like them etc., how can they be non-bias in their moderation... Paranoid alright...All one has to do is loo ...[text shortened]...

You will be happy to know, I will not be posting very much any more in the Public forums.
    Get over it. Loads of people hate others here. So what, its words on a screen. When you take it seriously its time to get a life.

Take 7/10/14 days off posting and then come back with a fanfare announcing a big Thanks to "insert name of person to annoy" for getting me a 7/10/14 day posting ban.

Throw in a few allegations of underhandedness, deviant sex, how you enjoyed the time way etc and sit back and watch the inevitable melee which follows, as some are glad to see you back and others aren't.

Such is life on the RHP merry go round.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '08 14:542 edits

When a Moderator or Moderators can try and belittle people, tell people they don't like them etc., how can they be non-bias in their moderation... Paranoid alright...All one has to do is loo

RHP forums work both ways, moderators are posters. Go to any other posting board and try to say ANYTHING about moderation and it will be removed quicker than you can say 'poor me'. All moderator decisions are subject to review at any time by the other mods and admins. There are plenty of things I'd like to erase, but do not... ever see Epic take a run at me? Do you see me erasing his posts? Plenty of people take a run at me, don't you think if I were abusing my position as a mod these things would vanish?

They don't for the most part unless someone else alerts it, and another mod removes it for the content... not because I want it gone. Same for all other mods.

Also, prove there are less posters. Just becuase 4 or 5 people say they hate the forums doesn't mean less people are using them. I'm also not going to PM you about it. You don't say false disputable stuff in a public forum and ask someone to dispute it in private. That's like defending a liar in public, but posting an apology in a private forum and having some mindless dweeb pass it on to you in another private forum.

Happy you won't be posting anymore? No, not really.

P-
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 May '08 17:351 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    RHP forums work both ways, moderators are posters. Go to any other posting board and try to say ANYTHING about moderation and it will be removed quicker than you can say 'poor me'. All moderator decisions are subject to review at any time by the other mods and admins. There are plenty of things I'd like to erase, but do not... ever see Epic take a run a another private forum.

P-
    Your Chinese wall concept needs work
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '08 17:58
    I see you've discredited every point I've made... well done. Oh, wait... your post just says:

That's ok anyway, since there is no point in debating with someone who has their mind made up and is in no way going to change their view.

P-
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 May '08 20:451 edit
    That's ok anyway, since there is no point in debating with someone who has their mind made up and is in no way going to change their view.

P-
    Are you talking about me or you here?

I just mentioned the seperation of poster/moderator is a difficult and evolving line to walk. One that isn't always perfect. Or do you not know what a chinese wall is?

I'm sorry that you are unable to grasp the subtleties of a few words. I will endevour to return to my verbose ways...Hand of Hecate be damned!
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '08 20:54
    Are you talking about me or you here?

I just mentioned the seperation of poster/moderator is a difficult and evolving line to walk. One that isn't always perfect. Or do you not know what a chinese wall is?

I'm sorry that you are unable to grasp the subtleties of a few words. I will endevour to return to my verbose ways...Hand of Hecate be damned!
    When you tell someone something needs work, it would be nice to point out the flaws is what I was saying.

P-
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 May '08 22:001 edit
    RHP forums work both ways, moderators are posters. Go to any other posting board and try to say ANYTHING about moderation and it will be removed quicker than you can say 'poor me'. All moderator decisions are subject to review at any time by the other mods and admins. There are plenty of things I'd like to erase, but do not... ever see Epic take a run a another private forum.

P-
    This gets Us not where....I know I alerted....that is all that really matters. You could have handled the whole thing in a P.M. that night as I said before.

I will give you that on the mod thing you are right about that, but then you guys add fuel to the fire anyways.

Not all of you would be mods on other sides, And when I say you, I am talking mods in general not you personally. You talk about posters taking things personally.

You got about 4 or 5 people usually answering for you anyways 🙂
    The End. !!
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 May '08 00:152 edits
    This gets Us no where....I know I alerted....that is all that really matters. You could have handled the whole thing in a P.M. that night as I said before.

I will give you that on the mod thing you are right about that, but then you guys add fuel to the fire anyways.

Not all of you would be mods on other sites, And when I say you, I am talking mo ...[text shortened]... s personally.

You got about 4 or 5 people usually answering for you anyways 🙂
    The End. !!
    LULZ @ Epic taking runs at you. That is really funny, you did say that as a joke right? If you didn't like it, you wouldn't have let him into your club. Obviously he is a good bud of yours and it is all in jest. Who you trying to kid?

Of course there is no need to try and settle a matter in private, you would not have an audience to pat you on the back and tell you how great you were.

The End 2
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 May '08 00:211 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Get over it. Loads of people hate others here. So what, its words on a screen. When you take it seriously its time to get a life.

Take 7/10/14 days off posting and then come back with a fanfare announcing a big [b]Thanks to "insert name of person to annoy" for getting me a 7/10/14 day posting ban.

Throw in a few allegations of underhandedness ...[text shortened]... s some are glad to see you back and others aren't.

Such is life on the RHP merry go round.[/b]
    Rather immature to hate people you don't know, Spanky !

I am sure Phlabs will appreciate your backing him up though 😉 !
  12. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    10 May '08 20:34
    LULZ @ Epic taking runs at you. That is really funny, you did say that as a joke right? If you didn't like it, you wouldn't have let him into your club. Obviously he is a good bud of yours and it is all in jest. Who you trying to kid?

The End 2
    Phlab and I buds!? I didnt know I hit an all time low here. May I remind you that Phlab banned me twice in one day which one of them said "enjoy". If Phlab is my friend ..then no1 must be my brother.
  13. The sky
    Moves
    10 May '08 21:50
    Originally posted by epic0002
    Phlab and I buds!? I didnt know I hit an all time low here. May I remind you that Phlab banned me twice in one day which one of them said "enjoy". If Phlab is my friend ..then no1 must be my brother.
    He's your long-lost twin. Sorry to tell you.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 May '08 21:52
    Originally posted by epic0002
    Sorry Epic, but VR knows you and I are chums now. VR isn't the type to change his mind, so you may as well come on over for some beers and BBQ.

P-
  15. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    02 Jun '08 19:59
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.

Susanne Modeski
    rec'd for the X-files/Lone Gunmen reference.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree