1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 18:27
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    This discipline problem eventualy gets you into trouble anyhow because if he fails to move in one of his games his timebank will decrease below his vacation needs any he will also lose on time when he's on vacation.

A better idee for the player would be to focus on the games where he's low on time instead of moving in the games where he has ...[text shortened]... know that he's probably on vacation and not still moving in other games and stalling our game.
    This discipline problem eventualy gets you into trouble anyhow because if he fails to move in one of his games his timebank will decrease below his vacation needs any he will also lose on time when he's on vacation.

Better to get into eventual trouble than to forfeit on time immediately. The main point is that if you lack the discipline to move within a set time, a different vacation system isn't going to help.

I think a player will think twice before using all of his vacation days just to stall a game. Because this would mean that he will be without vacation days for the rest of the year and that he will not be able to move in his other games. So stalling lost games and boosting your rating like this is out of the question.

All a player needs to stall games is a long enough base time control. He'll move quickly in won games, and as slowly as possible in lost games. I doubt that changing the vacation system will fix this. The only real solution is to stop playing those who you think are manipulating their ratings unfairly.

And this way I would not have a problem to wait for an opponent to move when I know that he's probably on vacation and not still moving in other games and stalling our game.

Which is really not your business. A player has the right to manage his time as he sees fit. They are under no obligation to move as quickly in your game as in others.
  2. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 19:581 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    [b]This discipline problem eventualy gets you into trouble anyhow because if he fails to move in one of his games his timebank will decrease below his vacation needs any he will also lose on time when he's on vacation.

Better to get into eventual trouble than to forfeit on time immediately. The ...[text shortened]... time as he sees fit. They are under no obligation to move as quickly in your game as in others.[/b]
    Your first statement contradicts your last post. This clearly indicates to me that you are only here to oppose me and that it is not possible too convince you with logical arguments. So I refuse to continue to waste my time on you.

Have a nice day🙂
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 21:111 edit
    Your first statement contradicts your last post.
    Not so. But I don't blame you for wanting out of this thread - your idea was poorly presented, and nobody supported it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree