1. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 11:10
    I have played on another cc site a while ago and they had a very effective vacation system.
    Every player had 4 vacation weeks a year that they could use whenever they needed it. When a player used one of his vacation weeks the time on their games would be frozen for a week.
    If the amount of vacation weeks should be 4 is another question (1 or 2 would be more than enough for me) but this system would be a mayor improvement over the current. And I see no way for players to abuse it.
  2. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 11:23
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    I have played on another cc site a while ago and they had a very effective vacation system.
    Every player had 4 vacation weeks a year that they could use whenever they needed it. When a player used one of his vacation weeks the time on their games would be frozen for a week.
    If the amount of vacation weeks should be 4 is another question (1 or 2 ...[text shortened]... system would be a mayor improvement over the current. And I see no way for players to abuse it.
    That will make tournaments last for eternity. The timebank and timeout in a game is the time you can use for vacation. If your vacation lasts longer than that, well, you joined the tournament, so it's your fault.
  3. Norway
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 11:44
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    The timebank and timeout in a game is the time you can use for vacation. If your vacation lasts longer than that, well, you joined the tournament, so it's your fault.
    The problem is that you may not know when the tournaments you have entered will be played. If you qualify past the first round in a tournament, you will not know when the next round start - what if that happens at the beginning of your 3-week vacation?

On the other hand, why would anyone go on vaction someplace without Internet-café's? 🙂
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 12:05
    Originally posted by ViA
    The problem is that you may not know when the tournaments you have entered will be played. If you qualify past the first round in a tournament, you will not know when the next round start - what if that happens at the beginning of your 3-week vacation?

On the other hand, why would anyone go on vaction someplace without Internet-café's? 🙂
    Plurals don't get apostrophes.

5. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 12:36
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    That will make tournaments last for eternity. The timebank and timeout in a game is the time you can use for vacation. If your vacation lasts longer than that, well, you joined the tournament, so it's your fault.
    No, with this system timebanks are obviously not needed anymore and thus you will save time on your tournaments. Timebanks as a vacation system are very ineffective and inflexible because they can be used even when your not on vacation and can not be adjusted.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 12:41
    No, with this system timebanks are obviously not needed anymore and thus you will save time on your tournaments. Timebanks as a vacation system are very ineffective and inflexible because they can be used even when your not on vacation and can not be adjusted.
    If you love their system so much why don't you marry it?
  7. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 12:59
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Why dont you take your ugly face and get out of my tread little nerd boy.
  8. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 13:00
    Or alternatively he could sensibly suggest it as an option for this site.

I applaud him for contributing to RHP.

M
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 13:321 edit
    Originally posted by noxidjkram
    Or alternatively he could sensibly suggest it as an option for this site.

I applaud him for contributing to RHP.

M
    You realise the suggestion is to remove timebanks altogether and instead replace it with two weeks of time during which your games will be frozen. This time can only be used in week intervals.
  10. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 14:01
    You realise the suggestion is to remove timebanks altogether and instead replace it with two weeks of time during which your games will be frozen. This time can only be used in week intervals.
    Yes.

I'm not saying the suggestion should or shouldn't be used...

I *AM* saying that a person should not be ridiculed for contributing.

We all know that the present system has its problems, and any reasonable suggestion (IMHO) should be considered reasonably.

M
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 14:07
    Originally posted by noxidjkram
    Yes.

I'm not saying the suggestion should or shouldn't be used...

I *AM* saying that a person should not be ridiculed for contributing.

We all know that the present system has its problems, and any reasonable suggestion (IMHO) should be considered reasonably.

M
    I agree. However this isn't a reasonable suggestion. It would require a complete overhaul of every part of RHP for no real gain.

Every system has it's faults. However I think there can be no real improvement over RHP's current system for handling vacations (that is, leaving it in the hands of the players).
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 14:37
    There's also special circumstances you do not expect, plan, or can control that cause you to leave a computer for a long time. Those who make no money, like I do, surely understand what I mean, as no money = no control, stuff happens, and you have to leave every now and then...
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by DeadBeSwallowed
    There's also special circumstances you do not expect, plan, or can control that cause you to leave a computer for a long time. Those who make no money, like I do, surely understand what I mean, as no money = no control, stuff happens, and you have to leave every now and then...
    Or you are told to leave the site? I hear that can be a pain.
    But if anyone would know that it would be you wouldn't it, matelouse.
  14. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 15:41
    However this isn't a reasonable suggestion. It would require a complete overhaul of every part of RHP for no real gain.

Every system has it's faults. However I think there can be no real improvement over RHP's current system for handling vacations (that is, leaving it in the hands of the players).
    I'm glad we agree to some extent.

I'd also like to point out that in *YOUR* opinion this isn't a reasonable suggestion. That may or may not be the opinion of others.

All your other points here seem valid, reasonable and well stated.

I guess what i'm saying is that I would have liked you to make these reasonable points originally, rather than ridicule someone for putting forward their idea.

M
  15. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 17:39
    If the amount of vacation weeks should be 4 is another question (1 or 2 ...[text shortened]... system would be a mayor improvement over the current. And I see no way for players to abuse it.
    What's wrong with days?

I play on a site which offers 30 days per player per year. These cannot be carried over into the next year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree